Messina

Bubba Fett

Joined Oct 6, 2000
Feb 1, 2022
Does anyone in the Bigs hold their bat down their back like Messina does? (I don't watch pro ball.) I think it's a detriment to his swing. It takes an extra motion, and time, just to get ready to swing.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. But, I don't think it's good.

Blues man

Joined Jul 1, 2009
Jan 22, 2022
Does anyone in the Bigs hold their bat down their back like Messina does? (I don't watch pro ball.) I think it's a detriment to his swing. It takes an extra motion, and time, just to get ready to swing.

I dont watch much bigs but I think the good news for him is he doesnt start his swing from there. He brings it to a better spot as the pitcher releases so there's that. Imo his swing is still too big tho. He'd be better off with the barrel pointing in the general area of the dugout behind him and coming from there instead of pointing it to CF and coming from there. So I dont think his swing is gonna help him in the draft but his defense will. A worthy project.

Rogue Cock

Joined Sep 11, 2000
Jan 22, 2022
I dont watch much bigs but I think the good news for him is he doesnt start his swing from there. He brings it to a better spot as the pitcher releases so there's that. Imo his swing is still too big tho. He'd be better off with the barrel pointing in the general area of the dugout behind him and coming from there instead of pointing it to CF and coming from there. So I dont think his swing is gonna help him in the draft but his defense will. A worthy project.
Yep. Some batters like to start their swing in motion. Seen many, including me, who twirl the bat from a vertical position and then bring it horizontal to the shoulder when the pitcher begins his pitch. Swings can be as individual in baseball as they are in golf.

BftCocks09

Joined Aug 2, 2014
Jan 24, 2022

It’s just a timing mechanism. Not a big deal.

Reactions: Rogue Cock

Cackmandu

Feb 2, 2022
It seems to be working! Not sure how Cole didn't get on the Posey watch list and 1st team SEC? I need to compare some stats, but on the surface it looks like he was slighted. Maybe he's using that as a little chip on the shoulder!

Bubba Fett

Joined Oct 6, 2000
Feb 1, 2022
Holy Cr@p!

I retract this post.

Cole can swing it behind his back, around his neck, between his legs... anyway he wants to.

• Haha
Reactions: USCEDGE

Latest posts