Mitchell - WRH updates

AHSDYNASY

Freshman
Jul 25, 2007
1,820
96
0
Congrats to Mitchell on a great season. Nothing to hang your head about, kept fighting the whole game.
 

wolfpack69

Redshirt
Aug 7, 2004
810
43
0
Congrats to Mitchell from a Whiteville fan. Nothing to hang your head about. The game was closer than the score indicated. I was watching the game on the TWC sports stream and listening to the WTOE crew from Mitchell. Very entertaining crew to listen to. Props to Rick, Danny, and Brodie on a well called ball game. I will try to remember to tune in to WTOE next year.
 

CatScratchFever23

All-Conference
Sep 15, 2006
796
1,403
48
Congrats to the Wallace - Rose Hill Bulldogs. Mitchell just couldn't stop the running game and when needed W-RH seemed to completed passes.

I think most easterners realize that Mitchell is well coached and has a very good team. I posted earlier in the week that a good passing team could give the Dogs a little bit of trouble. Although the overall team speed is not as good as WR-H they did have some speed - easterners do not have a monopoly on it.

I also appreciated the sportsmanship from both teams. No celebrations after a TD - they acted like they had been there before.
 

Godevilsgo

Senior
Aug 24, 2013
3,330
486
0
Gallipsey, Wilson, and Canady are speedy backs with size. This Wallace team would do pretty good in 2A playoffs. Maybe top 6 or 7. Love the counter plays. Nice blocks up front. Line played well. WRH coach did a nice play calling job.

Any other year I think Mitchell takes the trophy home. Ran into one over WRH's best ever squads. Young played well. Offense played well. Just didn't stay home on the ends or put a linebacker down to contain. Mitchell had a fantastic year.
 

DaBluePrint1

All-Conference
Aug 25, 2012
2,810
2,518
68
Yes. Great year Mitchell. It was a great game to watch. You guys knocked My East Wilkes Cards out. Yall represented the West really well. Congratz WRH...i have saw you guys play 4 or 5 times even during Natr Irving years. I havent been disappointed yet. Crazy depth and talent for a 1a squad.
 

redy4friday

Redshirt
Oct 26, 2010
502
14
0
Congrats to WRH on the championship and congrats to my Mountaineers on a great ride this season.I have enjoyed it very much. Lets get on to this Wrestling State Championship season.
 

aftermath

Redshirt
Nov 22, 2002
1,069
48
0
2 Questions:
Was WRH faster than Walkertown?
Did Mitchell's Huge line dominate WRH's line?

I am curious about this? Missed that game because of work
 
Dec 11, 2013
34
7
0
How is what JJ (#8) did called a punch....#89 fell on his legs/ankles and seemed to be taking his time getting off...whether he was intentionally doing this I do not know, but the play should have been called

JJ swiped at him #89 to get him off...(thats how injuries happen)

Enough with this "he should have been ejected" madness
 
NC Preps

Latest

  1. 01 NC Preps Kings Mountain’s Jordan Jenkins Having Impressive Freshman Season
  2. 02 NC Preps Games to Watch: Week 8
  3. 03 NC Preps G7 Football Player of the Week: Week 7
  4. 04 NC Preps Top Games to Watch: Week 7
  5. 05 NC Preps G7 Football Players of the Week: Week 6