Mizzou Game 3

Bubba Fett

Joined Oct 6, 2000
Feb 1, 2022
Damn our pitching sucks. Just when you think we're turning the corner.

ConwayGamecock

Jan 20, 2022
Big inning in the top of the 8th to get 3 tie-breaking runs to go ahead 7-4. At one point Missouri was up 4-1 after scoring 4 runs in the bottom 2nd, and the score remained that way until the top of the 7th inning when the Gamecocks scored 3 runs to tie it up. So we've woken up after looking like we were going to settle with a road series loss to a bad Missouri team, to score 6 runs over the last two innings.

We now need 6 more outs to steal the series and go home, and the Tigers have hit only one single since the 2nd inning - looks like our pitching has turned the corner as well........

Reactions: USCEDGE

ConwayGamecock

Jan 20, 2022
Missouri at bat in the bottom 8th with 2 outs and a man on 1B from a single, and we're frozen in time with a rain delay. Gamecocks lead 7-4.

Just to give some perspective, the Gamecocks are 11-8 over their last 6 SEC series plus one mid-week game with UNC - that's opponents ranked #3, #16, #3, #13, #24, #2, and #4 when we played them......

Reactions: USCEDGE

Blues man

Joined Jul 1, 2009
Jan 22, 2022
Meanwhile... Game three Gamecock softball vs. #15 Mizzou has us in a good battle tied 2-2 going in to the 7th. Need this to avoid a sweep to end the reg season.

Reactions: atl-cock

ConwayGamecock

Jan 20, 2022
Game back on - top of the 9th inning, the Gamecocks tack on 2 more runs to extend their lead to 9-4. Three (3) more outs for Mizzou to get 5 runs, or we win the series......

Prestonyte

Jun 1, 2022
Nice comeback to take the series.
Starting Pitching is still our downfall.
There have been some excellent outings from the starters, but you never know when they are going to show up.

Reactions: Sweetwatergolf

USCEDGE

Joined Mar 5, 2019
Feb 5, 2022
I really think that we should be pleased with what has transpired so far this season. The 2 loses to clemson stand out as huge blemish but other than that we may have even overachieved a bit. We should get 16 conference wins and definitely host a regional. This without a dominant Friday night starter but the bullpen has been solid for the most part. The hitting is starting to come around just in time for the stretch run. We've scored at least 6 runs in 8 of the last 9 games. I like the direction we are headed now and could surprise some people come tournament time....

Reactions: Joelft2001

Cackmandu

Feb 2, 2022
I really think that we should be pleased with what has transpired so far this season. The 2 loses to clemson stand out as huge blemish but other than that we may have even overachieved a bit. We should get 16 conference wins and definitely host a regional. This without a dominant Friday night starter but the bullpen has been solid for the most part. The hitting is starting to come around just in time for the stretch run. We've scored at least 6 runs in 8 of the last 9 games. I like the direction we are headed now and could surprise some people come tournament time....
We need to start peaking on both sides of the ball, run production has been better, that's a plus, but the pitching has been up and down! Unless we turn that around I can't see us in Omaha.

Prestonyte

Jun 1, 2022
We need to start peaking on both sides of the ball, run production has been better, that's a plus, but the pitching has been up and down! Unless we turn that around I can't see us in Omaha.
Agree. Don't see us making it out of the regionals if starting pitching doesn't step up and be consistently reliable.

Cackmandu

Feb 2, 2022
Agree. Don't see us making it out of the regionals if starting pitching doesn't step up and be consistently reliable.
Our bullpen has been pretty good and if they're on we can be tough. I believe we have decided to go with an opener sans Eli, and hope they can give you 3 or 4 innings we have some pretty good long relievers to get us to closing out the games and thank goodness for them.