Moms and me are toasting 36 married years right now…

laKavosiey-st lion

Oct 30, 2021
what’s your number, what’s your secret?
mine is I let her lead, we still laugh her Dad (rip) pulled me aside and told me “you don’t want to marry her” (he said with real concern). Married a year out of State, split the cost of her engagement ring ($400 ea) and set forth. Didn’t have a pot to piss in and gave zero fvcks. 2 sons and still cooking, no regrets. Hope we get 20 more.

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
mine is I let her lead, we still laugh her Dad (rip) pulled me aside and told me “you don’t want to marry her” (he said with real concern). Married a year out of State, split the cost of her engagement ring ($400 ea) and set forth. Didn’t have a pot to piss in and gave zero fvcks. 2 sons and still cooking, no regrets. Hope we get 20 more.

Congrats! This year is 15 for us; dated for five and lived together for three before getting married. Then four years of travel before having kids. Patience has been key - as is shared beliefs and interests (but also allowing time for things we like to do separately). What are you drinking?

taryn

Oct 25, 2021
Mine will be 25 in July. We split the cost of her $250 ring (we both had just finished two years of Christian mission work earning a $125 monthly stipend, each).
I suggest putting the phone down and enjoy the celebration.

Mine will be 25 in July. We split the cost of her $250 ring (we both had just finished two years of Christian mission work earning a $125 monthly stipend, each).

ours is june 5th........59 good years together , 3 great kid s and 7 super great grandchildren life is good

bbrown

Nov 1, 2021
17+ for my partner and me.

Moogy

Nov 23, 2021
"Dated" for 9 years, living together for 8 of those ... and have now been married going on 18 years.

Honestly, the marriage part of it was anti-climatic, and only to have kids and make it traditional for them (and us). We knew we were each other's "one" long, long before we signed the contract.

There's no secret to it ... we just respect the hell out of each other, and while we don't take each other for granted, we simply understand that it's her and me, no matter what. When you know, you know.

laKavosiey-st lion

Oct 30, 2021
Congrats! This year is 15 for us; dated for five and lived together for three before getting married. Then four years of travel before having kids. Patience has been key - as is shared beliefs and interests (but also allowing time for things we like to do separately). What are you drinking?
Vodka olives millers hot tub water and more later

laKavosiey-st lion

Oct 30, 2021
I’ve got missionary family all over the place my pastor uncle John ran a mission out of Toronto for 35 years I’ll ask mom (birth mom) what the organization is

his son cousin Jim runs it now
My folks met at PCB

Crossworld. Also based out of Kansas City, MO.

Last edited:

fairgambit

Oct 12, 2021
Mrs. G and I are at 51 years, but today is a date I always remember and celebrate. It is the 58th anniversary of our 1st date. Summoning every ounce of courage I had, I asked her to the prom even though I had never asked her out before. My boldness paid off. She accepted and then I suggested it might be best if the prom, which was in June, were not our 1st date. She agreed and so today, a Saturday in 1966, we went to a movie. She was the prettiest girl in the school. More than that, she was the prettiest girl I had ever seen, before or since. Smart (MBA) and charming, with a great sense of humor, I made the best decision of my life at age 17.

Last edited:

TiogaLion

Oct 31, 2021
Well its not like it was allowed for a lot of those 17 years. ;)
I get it, but it is now.
Just passed the 13 year mark of meeting my sig other. Don’t know if we’ll ever make it official, but with a 10 year old and nearly 12 years in our home, there’s no lack of commitment.
Well, that's sort of a contradiction. Further, if she's anything like every other female on earth...well, watch the video.

slwlion01

Jul 24, 2023

Our number is #6 .I'm 84, my lovely wife is 82. Been there done that. Bad marriage, great love and marriage over 25 years. lost our wonderful partners and loves, although not looking, by the grace of God found more companionship and love. Life is a journey and we are blessed.

'm

Connorpozlee

Oct 29, 2021
I’ve got missionary family all over the place my pastor uncle John ran a mission out of Toronto for 35 years I’ll ask mom (birth mom) what the organization is

his son cousin Jim runs it now
My folks met at PCB

Crossworld. Also based out of Kansas City, MO.
I was in Appalachia. Life changing decision. Met my wife down here and haven’t left Kentucky since. Quite a story of how it all came together, honestly.

OuiRPSU

Oct 6, 2021
Wife and I grew up in adjacent towns and our parents’ houses were literally 5 minutes from each other. Both went to PSU. Didn’t meet until after we graduated. Married 32+ years and together for 35.

Secret - Respect, communication, and tons of sex.

laKavosiey-st lion

Oct 30, 2021
I was in Appalachia. Life changing decision. Met my wife down here and haven’t left Kentucky since. Quite a story of how it all came together, honestly.
Son 1 was applying to PENN so we efforted to beef up his resume with some cool volunteer stuff. We went to Haiti for 10 days and helped wire and solar his cousins mission house. This was 18? months after the earthquake and S was real. A great experience (but didn’t get into PENN) but all good 2s company may send him to Wharton so full circle I guess.
point of the story (drunken) is complaining about the day to day in this country falls on deaf Rick ears

psuro

Oct 12, 2021
Eight Beause it’s the way I make them feel.
Wink Smile GIF by Hollyoaks

EricStratton-RushChairman

Oct 6, 2021
Consecutive?