Montgomery picks up a CB to UGA

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Georgia seemingly swooping in at the last minute to steal one of our top recruits.

Gamecock72

Joined Sep 24, 2019
Jan 24, 2022
Word is he has always wanted to go to UGA but before they targeted someone else and when that did not pan out, they turned attention to him. And since that was really where he wanted to go from the start, he changed his mind.

Rogue Cock

Joined Sep 11, 2000
Jan 22, 2022
Oddly, they actually offered him before we did....they just had others ahead of him that now are or appear to be headed elsewhere. He was our top offer.

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
Here's the deal boys, we are done as an emergent program with any shot as relevancy until we acquire a generational coaching talent AND establish financial support around him necessary to facilitate player acquisition. We will continue to play in the SEC and that alone will be occasionally entertaining, but otherwise we will occupy a place congruent with Illinois or Indiana in the B1G. No use arguing about it. I will remain correct until proven incorrect.

1vagamecock

Jan 19, 2022
Here's the deal boys, we are done as an emergent program with any shot as relevancy until we acquire a generational coaching talent AND establish financial support around him necessary to facilitate player acquisition. We will continue to play in the SEC and that alone will be occasionally entertaining, but otherwise we will occupy a place congruent with Illinois or Indiana in the B1G. No use arguing about it. I will remain correct until proven incorrect.
If all we have to talk about here is WBB I will be forced to pursue entertainment elsewhere. Possibly something as entertaining as WBB, maybe the professional lacrosse circuit or something of that ilk.

Reactions: Whatever1

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
We’ll have to have a Lamont-type lucky hire

Reactions: Rogue Cock

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
If all we have to talk about here is WBB I will be forced to pursue entertainment elsewhere. Possibly something as entertaining as WBB, maybe the professional lacrosse circuit or something of that ilk.
Well, Partner, you can talk about anything you want to. If it's in the realm of the theme of this board, I'll talk about it with you.

Reactions: 1vagamecock

Cackmandu

Feb 2, 2022
This is what we've always been, nothing new here and now the nil and the portal have just made it worse!

Reactions: kidrobinski

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022

I recently found myself making peace for the 50,000th time with the reality that we're never actually getting over the hump. I mean, really, 2024 will be our 132nd year of football. In that time, we've had 4 truly good seasons (and even one of those is grossly marred by the Navy loss). We've never had an objectively great season. We've had seasons that WE consider great, but not that anyone else would remember.

As a Gamecock fan, I've realized it's the thrill of the chase that keeps us engaged. It's kind of like back in my dating days, there were a few times when I was dead set on getting a date with a particular girl. It's all I could think about. She was THE one. Then, when it finally happened, I instantly lost interest. I loved the pursuit more than the prize.

I'm really not sure the vast majority of Gamecock fans even actually have hopes or expectations of being anything more than what we have always been. Honestly. If any of our fans ever actually had hopes of being a contender, they'd have cashed out a lot time ago. Nobody who actually had hopes of us being a contender could possibly stay engaged for very long with the results we have put up over the years. We TELL ourselves that's the ultimate goal, but it can't be. Fans can't stay engaged for 132 years with the results we have produced if the actual goal is contending. We are tantalized by possibilities, dreaming, imagining, but it's nothing more than that. But, again, we don't really have hopes/expectations for greatness. We enjoy the perpetual fantasy of getting over the hump.

Feb 24, 2024
I recently found myself making peace for the 50,000th time with the reality that we're never actually getting over the hump. I mean, really, 2024 will be our 132nd year of football. In that time, we've had 4 truly good seasons (and even one of those is grossly marred by the Navy loss). We've never had an objectively great season. We've had seasons that WE consider great, but not that anyone else would remember.

As a Gamecock fan, I've realized it's the thrill of the chase that keeps us engaged. It's kind of like back in my dating days, there were a few times when I was dead set on getting a date with a particular girl. It's all I could think about. She was THE one. Then, when it finally happened, I instantly lost interest. I loved the pursuit more than the prize.

I'm really not sure the vast majority of Gamecock fans even actually have hopes or expectations of being anything more than what we have always been. Honestly. If any of our fans ever actually had hopes of being a contender, they'd have cashed out a lot time ago. Nobody who actually had hopes of us being a contender could possibly stay engaged for very long with the results we have put up over the years. We TELL ourselves that's the ultimate goal, but it can't be. Fans can't stay engaged for 132 years with the results we have produced if the actual goal is contending. We are tantalized by possibilities, dreaming, imagining, but it's nothing more than that. But, again, we don't really have hopes/expectations for greatness. We enjoy the perpetual fantasy of getting over the hump.
This all resonates so clearly.

My last flickers of hope died in the relatively short window around the failed Chad Holbrook tenure, the Belk Bowl debacle, the Chapel Hill season opening collapse, and Frank flailing post-Final Four.

I'm still a fan, but a fan with no real hope.

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022

So we've had periodic pullbacks from suckage.

gamecock stock

Jan 21, 2022
Our "Einsteins" on the BOT and the Athletic Department rolled the dice by hiring a Head Coach who previously failed at Florida. Then they rolled the dice again on someone who had never been a Head Coach. The incompetence at the University of South Carolina annoys me. Pisses me off, actually.

I agree with you about lets see what Lamont Paris does next before putting him into the Hall Of Fame. But, it's hard to deny that the early results, both on the court and in recruiting, are VERY encouraging.

Our 2 most successful Head Coaches currently (Staley and Paris) had prior success at other schools. Of course, that does not guarantee success. But, it sure improves the odds. By the way, I know no one wants to hear this but Jamey Chadwell may very well turn out to be that "generational coaching talent" we let get away. SMH

Last edited:

Latest posts