Morris 76 Ottaws 0 F

4Afan

All-Conference
Sep 15, 2001
4,615
4,112
113
And people wonder why teams are forfeiting and shutting down their seasons. I understand some scores will just happen but 76? What does that prove
Should Morris have taken a knee? It was 35-0 after the first quarter. Starters were pulled, they didn't pass. If Ottawa can't stop runs up the middle by backups, what should be done?
 
May 29, 2001
2,587
532
113
And people wonder why teams are forfeiting and shutting down their seasons. I understand some scores will just happen but 76? What does that prove
Morris ran opening kickoff for td,then 3 of the next 4 series were 1 play drives for tds and the other was a 3 play drive. Starters were on bench mid 2nd qtr. The 3rd string QB ran a 80yd+ td... When sophs are in running the ball I really dont know what you expect them to do.
 
  • Like
Reactions: oldsica99

oldsica99

Redshirt
Sep 29, 2025
61
34
18
Morris ran opening kickoff for td,then 3 of the next 4 series were 1 play drives for tds and the other was a 3 play drive. Starters were on bench mid 2nd qtr. The 3rd string QB ran a 80yd+ td... When sophs are in running the ball I really dont know what you expect them to do.
Like I said some scores are going to happen.
Throw an incomplete pass, it will eat up at least 2 minutes each play on a running clock.
Hopefully those younger players got the experience they needed to make a strong playoff push
 
May 29, 2001
2,587
532
113
Like I said some scores are going to happen.
Throw an incomplete pass, it will eat up at least 2 minutes each play on a running clock.
Hopefully those younger players got the experience they needed to make a strong playoff push
Games like that one are tough for both sides. From what I saw at least,there didn't appear to be any injuries for either side. Morris now moves on to prepare for Sycamore and Ottawa I think has another tough one with Kaneland.
 
  • Like
Reactions: oldsica99

Wilmatucky1

Freshman
Jul 8, 2025
102
78
17
It doesn't matter to me, and I personally couldn't care less, but it is avoidable. How many times has Reents gone over 49 the last 5 years? It is avoidable....Just saying
 
  • Like
Reactions: oldsica99

good_nocall

Redshirt
Jun 29, 2001
15
12
2
Games like that one are tough for both sides. From what I saw at least,there didn't appear to be any injuries for either side. Morris now moves on to prepare for Sycamore and Ottawa I think has another tough one with Kaneland.
Ottawa has Rochelle in Week 7 and finishes conference play with Kaneland the following week. Hopefully they are staying healthy and getting healthier and they can finish the season competitively. They have a potentially winnable game against Rich Township in week 9 that would put them in the playoffs if the Pirates could find a way to get that one.
 
Edgy Tim

Latest

  1. 01 Edgy Tim Football Week 7 EDGYTIM Chicagoland Top 30
  2. 02 Edgy Tim Football Video: King 48 Payton Prep 7
  3. 03 High School Football 2030 QB Sam Holcomb leads Brother Rice past Chicago Mount Carmel
  4. 04 Edgy Tim Football Video: Geneva 56 Batavia 49
  5. 05 Edgy Tim Football Watch Live Tonight: WJOL Pigskin Preview