Murphy needs a game

Jul 23, 2009
15,313
7,599
113
Yeah shelby is close, just around the corner. Im sure murphy would be fine with a 1 game deal with either but it would have to be in murphy.
 

cougars45

Redshirt
May 28, 2017
125
30
0
I'd like to see Heritage drop Hayesville in week 5 for Murphy or Franklin, we might have an opening in week three if Salisbury drops us which if I was a betting man I'd say they will
 
Last edited:

dogtuff

Senior
Aug 23, 2004
2,107
891
0
I also have week 8 open , so either or 3 or 8, or I will have to play another home school
 

cougars45

Redshirt
May 28, 2017
125
30
0
Idk about week 8 I'm pretty sure we've got Madison, but your coaches could always call Mitchell to see if they would be up for a rematch they still got three homeschool teams on their non conference schedule lol
 

wncbowhunter

All-Conference
Dec 21, 2002
1,287
2,479
53
Idk about week 8 I'm pretty sure we've got Madison, but your coaches could always call Mitchell to see if they would be up for a rematch they still got three homeschool teams on their non conference schedule lol

Mitchell was able to drop 1 of the home schools and picked up Franklin. Now they only have Trinity as a home school or such. Still have Canon but they are a private school such as Christ School.
 
  • Like
Reactions: cougars45

cougars45

Redshirt
May 28, 2017
125
30
0
Mitchell was able to drop 1 of the home schools and picked up Franklin. Now they only have Trinity as a home school or such. Still have Canon but they are a private school such as Christ School.
That's a good pick up should be a fun game next season, I expect Heritage and Mitchell to be solid next year despite losing some great players, I'd like to see the Murphy-Heritage game happen this year, Salisbury would be a solid match-up for Heritage and it's about the same distance from Heritage to Salisbury as it is from Heritage to Murphy but I wouldn't be surprised if they drop us for someone closer to home, and I don't mean to rag on Hayesville but I don't see much benefit of keeping them on the schedule just a weak matchup between teams two and half hours apart that's not going to draw a big gate.
 

MHS-88

Senior
Sep 27, 2010
847
873
0
I would like to see Murphy play Union and kick their a$$. They won’t play you but they love to play Andrews

They got tired of us beating their a$$ in the late 80's and said no more. 1989 was the last time we played Union.
 
Last edited:

mbdfan_rivals121259

All-Conference
Mar 17, 2007
25,690
4,313
0
They got tired of us beating their a$$ in the late 80's and said no more. 1989 was the last time we played Union.
Union is a joke, if they would play some legit competition like Murphy in non conference instead of Andrews and Hayesville (no offense to Andrews and Hayesville) they might have increased their odds of winning a playoff game by now.
 
Last edited:

Mitchell county mountie

All-Conference
Aug 27, 2015
2,897
4,628
0
I'm glad that Mitchell was able to pick up Franklin, that should be a dandy non-conference matchup. Mitchell could drop trinity and pick up Murphy if the schedules didn't conflict. Also, a Pisgah-Mitchell showdown would be great too.
 
Jul 23, 2009
15,313
7,599
113
3a dont like getting beat by a school with 350 kids and no EC. Most Pisgah fans are good folks but they had a few that crossed the line at Robbinsville.
 
NC Preps

Latest

  1. 01 NC Preps Solomon Award Watch
  2. 02 NC Preps Kings Mountain’s Jordan Jenkins Having Impressive Freshman Season
  3. 03 NC Preps Games to Watch: Week 8
  4. 04 NC Preps G7 Football Player of the Week: Week 7
  5. 05 NC Preps Top Games to Watch: Week 7