Music To Come Home To

Rodgarnay51

Aug 24, 2017

I love this, and it’s very important historically. Every time I hear it I’m reminded of the first recording of In The Mood by Edgar Hayes, who was my friend and played at my wedding. Edgar left Harlem and moved to Riverside after his orchestra disbanded and in later years could be heard around SoCal inspiring awe with his piano playing. Edgar passed away in 1979.

SouthernCAlabama

Sep 11, 2021
I love this, and it’s very important historically. Every time I hear it I’m reminded of the first recording of In The Mood by Edgar Hayes, who was my friend and played at my wedding. Edgar left Harlem and moved to Riverside after his orchestra disbanded and in later years could be heard around SoCal inspiring awe with his piano playing. Edgar passed away in 1979.

I know you must have been very honored to have him at your wedding and to play there. That must have been such a fun wedding!

Rodgarnay51

Aug 24, 2017
I know you must have been very honored to have him at your wedding and to play there. That must have been such a fun wedding!
It was a little too much fun if you know what I mean. Edgar played solo most of the day and played some beautiful songs. Everything from Stardust (which was a big hit for him with his orchestra) and some great blues, ragtime and boogie woogie. My band played a set too and Edgar and I sat in on a couple.

Latest posts