My Sources Who Were At The First Pitch Banquet Last Night...

ExtremeDog

Apr 8, 2003
said that Papelbon said damn 3 times, the word bithcing once, and made a joke about Polk's manlihood.

My source that the sheep are blowing this way out of proportion.

I hate these politically correct ********. They are what is wrong with our society today. These are probably the same assbags who went off on me, dawgstudent, an BA_Dog several years ago at Dudy Noble because I said the rhythmic clapping used to piss me off. HEY BOY, YOU WATCH YOUR MOUTH! DON'T YOU EVER TALK LIKE THAT AROUND ME AGAIN!

ExtremeDog

Apr 8, 2003
said that Papelbon said damn 3 times, the word bithcing once, and made a joke about Polk's manlihood.

My source that the sheep are blowing this way out of proportion.

I hate these politically correct ********. They are what is wrong with our society today. These are probably the same assbags who went off on me, dawgstudent, an BA_Dog several years ago at Dudy Noble because I said the rhythmic clapping used to piss me off. HEY BOY, YOU WATCH YOUR MOUTH! DON'T YOU EVER TALK LIKE THAT AROUND ME AGAIN!

G

Goat Holder

that you didn't take that **** from the blue hair cumbaya singing *******.

ExtremeDog

Apr 8, 2003
I told the old f'er that I was 22 years old, and I could say what the hell I wanted to say.

Meanwhile, dawgstudent sat there and laughed the whole time.

ESPNDawg

Jul 19, 2007
Probably one of the same old f'ers that complained that I was playing the music too loud when I was the PA Announcer.

bonedaddy401

Aug 3, 2012
I swear our fan base is going to just die off one day. We have more 60+ year old fans at our games. What are we going to do in 20 years when they are all gone? Count on Rick's Rowdies hold overs to pick us up? You can't say anything north of Damn or Hell without at least a ***** look getting thrown at you.

MrHooch

Feb 25, 2008
Extreme that is almost word for word what I posted to all the sheep about an hour ago. Glad to know someone else is sick of the sensitive ********.

G

Goat Holder

Ole Miss fans threw full beer cans at him and his 9 year old son at the baseball series in Oxford last year, in the outfield. I mean, if you're gonna lie, say they threw empty cans at you at least, because nobody will waste the beer on Semper Canninus-type prudes.

redfish66

Nov 15, 2005
but the problem is in 20 years I will one of those over 60 grey haired farts and will not want to tolerate your cussing and loud music.

jakldawg

May 1, 2006

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
Nah, you gotta be kidding.

These are probably the same people that get mad when you stand up and cheer/yell/complain at a football game.

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
I don't really agree with it, but sometimes fans here and elsewhere boo at stupid times and for stupid reasons. I can understand the resistance to booing. I can't understand somebody at a football game getting mad because someone around them stood up and cheered/yelled/complained.

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007
the problem for me is that i consider.... boooo = complain. i can't complain loud enough at the game for the coaches to know my distaste for what is going on. so if i boo then maybe they can hear me.

in actuality i don't boo often. didn't even boo during the boogate henig incident. i just sat down and waited to see the other team with the ball. it was more depressing than anything.

oh and you are right that there are plenty of dumb asses in our stands and elsewhere around the country on saturdays in the fall that boo for the sake of booing. they hear someone else do it so they just join in while thinking to themselves "i wonder what just happened".... and some of those folks could be my buddies. never know.

back on topic though: i hope that i am never one of those fans that sits there and tells everyone else around them how to act at the game. if it is totally out of control that is one thing but standing up and yelling at a football game should be encouraged.

oem

Feb 23, 2008
Quote:_________________________________________________What are we going to do in 20 years when they are all gone?_________________________________________________

I don't know. Replace them with fans that are 40+ now?

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
In this entire thread, nobody has used the most befitting catch phrase:

Pagan! Just pagan!

Todd04State

May 2, 2006
is that some of our fans put our players on pedastals and expect them to be Burke Masters, Tommy Raffo, or Jeremy Jackson and the reality is they're normal people.

They're not all going to be perfect attendance Sunday School, dating the same girl throughout high school, straight A, doesn't drink, doesn't cuss and came to MSU because they love MSU and the atmosphere people.

So...when a player like Papelbon gets up there and drops an F-bomb on Letterman, talks about drinking with his team mates at MSU, and says the D word, it's a big let down for those people because it destroys their image that they want to believe- whether it's true or not.

The same thing with Will Clark. I've read on here even how some didn't like him because he said something rude to their child- and I would probably be upset myself, to- or did something rude. And the people talked about how he went from one of their favorite players to just another *******.

Ditto Palmeiro and the steroids.

Also, though these grownups of all people should know better. I mean, Brett Cleveland basically told Ole Miss to <17> itself in just about everyway. I don't remember seeing those people having a problem with that- although it was probably way more vulgar than what Paps had to say. Plus, that was on TV. Heck, back in the day Brantley Jones gave Ole Miss the double bird after striking out Archie Manning to win the SEC.

These grownups should know that these MSU heros are going to fail in one way or the other, and honestly if they want a role model for their child to follow, I would suggest that they stop looking at Dudy-Noble and start looking at the church that they so proudly "claim" to attend and teach them about Jesus.

Optimus Prime 4

May 1, 2006
just like you only throw EMPTY liquor bottles..........

Seriously, you ever notice how it's always the same guys who get "attacked" everywhere they go, or have confrontations with terrible fans? If what they say is true, they must emit douchebag pheremones or something that makes other fans @#%$ with them.

SLUdog

May 28, 2007
...I let a few cuss words fly every now and then....but when I'm speaking in front of a group of people with kids present...I would avoid it. It would bother me if I had my young son or daughter there. If it was a group of guys sitting around the dugout or hanging out enjoying some adult beverages...it wouldn't bother me at all.

MSUCostanza

Jan 10, 2007
Many of the same sanctimonious ******** who will berate you publically for saying "damn" are some of the most vile, angry, hateful people you will ever run across when confronted with them privately. Semper Caninus is a great example of just that type.

I find it amazing that some one would take their kids to a function like that and be shocked to hear the word "damn" coming from a guy that you know is a little "different". You can't shelter your kids forever, folks.