NCAA Wrasslin

Alphabets

All-Conference
Feb 4, 2014
1,628
1,014
113
Spencer Lee gets pinned by Purdue wrestler
I don't know why, and I cannot explain it. But, I feel bad for Lee. Not for Iowa, but for the Lee. I don't even blame his mother for that wild reaction from the stands after the pin. Her emotions got the best of her, for sure.
 
  • Like
Reactions: PSU73

PSU73

Senior
Feb 10, 2002
481
812
93
I don't know why, and I cannot explain it. But, I feel bad for Lee. Not for Iowa, but for the Lee. I don't even blame his mother for that wild reaction from the stands after the pin. Her emotions got the best of her, for sure.
Agree on both counts. One has to put themselves in his Mother's position to truly understand her reaction. When she raised her hands to her face, the raw emotion of that moment for her son, not her, there were her glasses. I have to believe that most, if not all of us, who have lived long enough have experienced that moment in our life.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Alphabets

LionJim

Heisman
Oct 12, 2021
16,518
22,699
113
Agree on both counts. One has to put themselves in his Mother's position to truly understand her reaction. When she raised her hands to her face, the raw emotion of that moment for her son, not her, there were her glasses. I have to believe that most, if not all of us, who have lived long enough have experienced that moment in our life.
Agree. I feel for Mom. Well, now everyone knows who Spencer Lee is. Apparently Mom was an alternate for the Olympics in Judo. ESPN showed her throwing her son (maybe 15, 16 at the time) in their living room. She has passion, if you have that you live and die with it. My dad had it too.
 
  • Like
Reactions: LastTrainLion

Hardslider33

All-American
Nov 30, 2015
4,371
5,465
113
Yeah hard to feel bad for Lee, he cares so much for the sport, Iowa and his legacy. That he busted up the locker room, and left his teammates behind. He forfeited all remaining matches finishing 8th.
Given the reaction of his mother, and his actions. I would say that he had poor toilet training. 🖕🏻The lil biotch!!
 

LionJim

Heisman
Oct 12, 2021
16,518
22,699
113
Yeah hard to feel bad for Lee, he cares so much for the sport, Iowa and his legacy. That he busted up the locker room, and left his teammates behind. He forfeited all remaining matches finishing 8th.
Given the reaction of his mother, and his actions. I would say that he had poor toilet training. 🖕🏻The lil biotch!!
He forfeited? Wow.
 

HarrisburgDave

All-Conference
Dec 29, 2016
1,259
1,932
113
Sad way for Spencer Lee to go out. Competing at that high level takes an enormous amount of grit, both physically and mentally. Some handle it well and become legends, whether they eventually win or lose. Some show cracks, self inflicted or from things out of their control, and get tarnished.
 

PSUJam

Heisman
Oct 7, 2021
13,727
26,373
113
Over react much? Wow, serious emotional control issues there.

View attachment 319596


can't see scooby-doo GIF by Head Like an Orange
 
BWI

Latest

  1. 01 BWI Recruiting Photos: Top recruits flock to Happy Valley for Penn State's latest home game
  2. 02 BWI Football Penn State's Defense Played Well Enough to Win. Here's What Went Wrong Late
  3. 03 BWI Football Penn State Tuesday primer: The PSU offense will be under the spotlight today; who's announcing the Lions-Northwestern game for FOX?
  4. 04 BWI Football Penn State-Northwestern notes: Wildcats to be without a starting offensive lineman; what does David Braun think of the Lions?
  5. 05 BWI Recruiting High School Recap: Future Penn State cornerbacks shine to close out September