https://bleacherreport.com/articles...llow-players-to-return-to-school-if-undrafted
I like this move by the NCAA but wish it happened earlier.
I like this move by the NCAA but wish it happened earlier.
My question is do we take Corey Sanders back?https://bleacherreport.com/articles...llow-players-to-return-to-school-if-undrafted
I like this move by the NCAA but wish it happened earlier.
My question is do we take Corey Sanders back?
not sure I follow all of this...do players have to return any money they receive from agents? do they have to be continuously enrolled in school? and appears the school will now need to keep a roster open on the chance a player may want to return for quite a while (like if Sanders was able to do this, maybe we couldn't aggressively look to fill it with Hyatt or another player)
LOL they're counting on the average fan not knowing. After all it's "USA Basketball" so it must be legit/bias free.I view this as nothing more than good on the optics
NCAA didn't like the looks of these violations-----so they made them legal
How players make " Elite " status will be a joke----USA Basketball----as if no one knows who that means.
https://bleacherreport.com/articles...llow-players-to-return-to-school-if-undrafted
I like this move by the NCAA but wish it happened earlier.
That's a pretty big hang-up, talent evaluation is often a crap shoot.Listening on XM it sounds like one of the hang ups on this new rule is you have to be declared an “elite” type player by USA basketball to qualify for reinstatement. It may not be every player who declares is eligible for reinstatement. Sounds like the NBA has to approve of the rule as well.
That's a pretty big hang-up, talent evaluation is often a crap shoot.
FIFYListening on XM it sounds like one of the hang ups on this new rule is you have to be declared an “elite” type player by Nike to qualify for reinstatement. It may not be every player who declares is eligible for reinstatement. Sounds like Nike has to approve of the rule as well.
Is the NCAA agent certification new? If so, does that come with a fee? I’m smelling a money grab.These make a lot of sense:
Maybe and maybe not.Is the NCAA agent certification new? If so, does that come with a fee? I’m smelling a money grab.
Thanks RussMaybe and maybe not.
My guess is that if an agent is certified by the NBAPA then they will get the green light from the NCAA.
The NCAA has a certification process for scouting services. To apply for certification you don't have to pay a fee.
The Knight Report
Rutgers Baseball Transfer Portal Profile: C/1B Nick Shuhet
The Knight Report
Join The Knight Report TODAY and get it for 60% off!
The Knight Report
RU Football survey results: Fans share thoughts on Greg Schiano, Defense, & Direction of Program
The Knight Report
Brandin Knight takes over Rutgers basketball while Steve Pikiell battles cancer
High School Football
Prediction: Can Bergen Catholic (N.J.) run the table in the 2nd half of the season?