NICE TRIB ARTICLE

Catreporter

Senior
Sep 4, 2007
5,047
567
113
An easy bunch to root for and exact opposite of the transfer-filled teams that are more like semi-pros,
 

GatoLouco

Junior
Nov 13, 2019
5,717
221
63
An easy bunch to root for and exact opposite of the transfer-filled teams that are more like semi-pros,
Did someone say semi pro???

semi GIF
 

DaCat

All-Conference
May 29, 2001
25,885
2,380
113
An easy bunch to root for and exact opposite of the transfer-filled teams that are more like semi-pros,
I'm sure it was a strong temptation for these guys to test the portal, but glad they stuck around for each other and for the program. A special group of players indeed.
 

Fcmchi1

Redshirt
Nov 6, 2017
454
20
12
I'm sure it was a strong temptation for these guys to test the portal, but glad they stuck around for each other and for the program. A special group of players indeed.
In the article Beran talked about people wanting him to test the portal:

While internally the obstacles were seen as motivation, friends and family questioned the trio’s loyalty to a program that wasn’t winning. Beran remembers people trying to persuade him to leave the Wildcats.

“I had people back home, I’m not going to call them out, but they’d ask, ‘Why don’t you want to go in the (transfer) portal?’” he said. “I had full belief in our team. I didn’t want to go to another program and just jump on. It really wouldn’t mean anything. I want to go to the dance with this team.
 
Wildcat Report

Latest

  1. 01 Wildcat Report Takeaways: Northwestern couldn't dream of a better win over Penn State
  2. 02 On3 Football Northwestern's new era: Inside the first game at New Ryan Field
  3. 03 Wildcat Report Northwestern opens Ryan Field by running over Penn State, 34-13
  4. 04 Wildcat Report What the new Ryan Field means to Northwestern
  5. 05 Wildcat Report Fearless Forecast: Penn State vs. Northwestern