NJIT changing conferences

Knights 1212

All-American
Sep 9, 2003
27,562
8,520
113
I am happy for NJIT but I am a bit disappointed as I graduated from Bellarmine University a Franciscan school in Louisville, KY where my twin brother and I each had partial scholarships for Cross Country. Bellarmine will be D-1 in September for all sports and were going to be in the same league as NJIT so I could have seen them play in Newark each season. Now that will not be the case. Bellarmine won the NCAA D-2 title in 2011 and have made the Final Four of D-2 for I think 4 times. They have been D-1 in lacrosse for quite a few years but now will move up for all sports.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Plum Street

HeavenUniv.

Heisman
Sep 21, 2004
135,536
16,405
0
This will save them a ton of money . Still don’t know how they built that new arena or moved up to Division 1 for all sports without any TV money and smallish crowds. That being said, it probably makes more sense for them than FDU or Saint Peters. Anytime I see highlights from those two, it looks like there are 350 people for basketball games. Good change for NJIT.
 

ecojew

All-Conference
Feb 1, 2006
9,767
2,271
0
It's a very logical move for NJIT. Hopefully, it will help them develop some rivalries. Does the America East have any TV contract?
 

HeavenUniv.

Heisman
Sep 21, 2004
135,536
16,405
0
It seats 3,500 but looks very nice. I hope they can do well.
Only three years old, but I think it , like Monmouths new arena, has better amenities than The RAC. Of course, better amenities to me would be if they don’t have high school size bathrooms like a certain Big Ten school.
 
May 11, 2010
72,487
56,952
0
Only three years old, but I think it , like Monmouths new arena, has better amenities than The RAC. Of course, better amenities to me would be if they don’t have high school size bathrooms like a certain Big Ten school.

3500 is prob too small for RU to go play there.

If it was 5-6k, it would be cool to have RU play on NJITs campus.
 

Plum Street

Heisman
Jun 21, 2009
27,306
23,010
0
Well , they did something we haven’t done: beat Michigan!! I hope they do well. Lots of talent to go around
 
The Knight Report

Latest

  1. 01 The Knight Report Rutgers Basketball talks Big Ten Media Days on BTN
  2. 02 The Knight Report Join The Knight Report TODAY and get it for 60% off!
  3. 03 The Knight Report Rutgers Baseball announces full 2027 schedule
  4. 04 On3 Football Tony Petitti commits to improved non-conference scheduling if College Football Playoff expands to 24 teams
  5. 05 The Knight Report Rutgers Baseball Transfer Portal Profile: RHP Ryan Mealy