No denying it.

RUMMENIGGE

Jan 31, 2022
With commits from Smith, Noah, Ellis and Assemian it will be hard to contest that good days are ahead for South Carolina. I have been following South Carolina basketball since the post ACC days and only once that I felt excited about recruiting when Coach Felton snagged a few Columbia kids. YOU MUST PAY!

Prestonyte

Jun 1, 2022
There is definitely reason for excitement about the potential LP has brought to the program based on what he was able to accomplish with the production from the group he assembled this past season and the recruits coming on board. The MBB horizon is brighter than it has been in a long time.

92Pony

Joined Jan 18, 2011
Jan 20, 2022
Agree. It's hard to not get excited for the near future of this team! If moving forward Paris can do anywhere near the coaching job he did with a cobbled-together team yrs 1 & 2, we have the chance for something special!

Edit: @Prestonyte , I think you and I are on the same wavelength! :D

Mr. Belvedere

Dec 29, 2023
This is huge and LP is killing it. This is how to capitalize on a record season and NCAA appearance. There is no doubt Cam flipped because of what happened this year.

Reactions: RUMMENIGGE

uscphan

Joined Jan 27, 2001
Jan 24, 2022
Don’t know about you guys, but for me, Meechie going into the portal tempered my enthusiasm a bit. Everything publicly was great, almost fairytale, and he still decided to leave. Hopefully it is an anomaly and Paris continues building a culture and program, but Meechie’s transfer has me a lil bit less confident.

Rogue Cock

Joined Sep 11, 2000
Jan 22, 2022
Don’t know about you guys, but for me, Meechie going into the portal tempered my enthusiasm a bit. Everything publicly was great, almost fairytale, and he still decided to leave. Hopefully it is an anomaly and Paris continues building a culture and program, but Meechie’s transfer has me a lil bit less confident.
Sounds like Meechie was a bit homesick and wanted a chance to play in front of friends and family. Can't hold that against him or Paris.

adcoop

Jul 3, 2023
I am reserving judgment until I see what we do in the portal. We have some solid pieces, but we need a Go-To scorer at guard and another Big that can play some offense. We can't solely rely on CMB.

Abush

Jan 31, 2022

Meechie leaving would've been difficult if we didn't just plug Cam Scott into his spot. Cam is not only better, I have a feeling he will be far more consistent.

Reactions: bayrooster

Abush

Jan 31, 2022
I am reserving judgment until I see what we do in the portal. We have some solid pieces, but we need a Go-To scorer at guard and another Big that can play some offense. We can't solely rely on CMB.

I'm unsure how many spots we have left, but honestly all we need is a big. Especially if CMB can get his outside touch back in the off-season. If he can get his shooter's touch back, I would think LP would rather have him at the 3 instead of the 4.

The hard part is, I don't think we have the NIL funds to grab a good shooting 4 or 5 from the portal. The amount these kids are asking for is absurd, considering they can leave your program at any time now.

adcoop

Jul 3, 2023
Meechie leaving would've been difficult if we didn't just plug Cam Scott into his spot. Cam is not only better, I have a feeling he will be far more consistent.
You are putting a whole lot on a freshman. Most times when you do that, you end up disappointed. I am glad we got him, but I just accept whatever a freshman gives us. You never know how a player translates into the college game.

Reactions: USCEE82

Abush

Jan 31, 2022
You are putting a whole lot on a freshman. Most times when you do that, you end up disappointed. I am glad we got him, but I just accept whatever a freshman gives us. You never know how a player translates into the college game.

I don't think so, because of what Cam will have around him. To expect GG to be a world beater with the team he had around him? Sure. To have proven guys around Cam like CMB, Stute, Cobi, and ZD, that is the way to help a freshman succeed.

adcoop

Jul 3, 2023
I don't think so, because of what Cam will have around him. To expect GG to be a world beater with the team he had around him? Sure. To have proven guys around Cam like CMB, Stute, Cobi, and ZD, that is the way to help a freshman succeed.
Still a freshman. Good prospect, but he hasn't made one FG or grabbed one rebound yet. What he did in High School means nothing to me until I see it on a College Court against high level competition. So, he is at "0" for me right now.

RUMMENIGGE

Jan 31, 2022
How about this one?

adcoop

Jul 3, 2023
How about this one?

I like it. Not really a shooter, but gives us an active big that can block shots and get offensive rebounds. Played really well and flashed for me in that Elite 8 game against Clemson.

Last edited: