No realistic quality 2025 QB recruits

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
With Ryan Montgomery almost certainly heading to UGA, that leaves our 2025 QB recruiting in the toilet. We offered 6. The only remaining target is 3* AJ Brand from Columbia. All our eggs were in the Montgomery basket for this class. We should be good with Sellers and then we have Duckworth for 2026, so hopefully whiffing on a QB in 2025 wont' be a major deal.

Reactions: Cackmandu

ToddFlanders

Jan 20, 2022
Recruiting high school QB’s is always a crapshoot anyway. If USC has dedicated enough money to the position, then going in the portal and grabbing a kid with college experience is always better.

Reactions: Cackmandu

Cackmandu

Feb 2, 2022
Yeah, if you have a bunch of 4 or 5 stars in every in your QB room you're going to have transfers, so what does it matter. You better find your guy early, keep him happy, and have an above-average backup just in case, I think we've done that, so I'm not worried.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Recruiting high school QB’s is always a crapshoot anyway. If USC has dedicated enough money to the position, then going in the portal and grabbing a kid with college experience is always better.
I would say it’s a stretch to say that it’s always better. How many teams have improved their quarterback fortunes through the portal versus thise that have stayed the same or regressed by taking quarterbacks from the portal? Not every portal addition is an upgrade. Besides, we face largely the same handicaps when it comes to the portal as we do, and recruiting in general. Probably even more so with the portal.

Rogue Cock

Joined Sep 11, 2000
Jan 22, 2022
With Ryan Montgomery almost certainly heading to UGA, that leaves our 2025 QB recruiting in the toilet. We offered 6. The only remaining target is 3* AJ Brand from Columbia. All our eggs were in the Montgomery basket for this class. We should be good with Sellers and then we have Duckworth for 2026, so hopefully whiffing on a QB in 2025 wont' be a major deal.
We also have Reno.