No smack

MichiganHerd

All-American
Aug 17, 2011
44,277
9,609
0
Southern California? I thought the lib-tards out there were leaving the country to form their own little safe space.

To address the topic, I doubt this would last long, even if it gets off the ground. $50,000 doesn't go too far in Southern California. 4 team league sounds snore boring to me.
 

old buzzard

Senior
Dec 30, 2005
6,307
651
113
But will this kill the CFB sport as we now know it?

I could see this attracting a lot of academically non-qualifier players who know they will never make it through college. May hurt some G-5 schools who depend on Prop48 players to fill their rosters. But I don't see it lasting in the long term.
 

WV-FAN

Heisman
Feb 12, 2007
254,368
18,880
0
theoretically, this could kill college football . . . or, at least make them start paying players. a kid could skip college, go to this league for 3 years, then on to the NFL; play in this league and attend college at the same time and still get an education while getting paid in the event the NFL doesn't work out for them.
 
WV Sports

Latest

  1. 01 WV Sports Football West Virginia football snap counts: Arizona
  2. 02 WV Sports Football 5 Takeaways from West Virginia's 52-31 loss against Arizona
  3. 03 WV Sports Football West Virginia football PFF grades: Arizona
  4. 04 WV Sports Football The Day After: Arizona
  5. 05 WV Sports Football WATCH: Rich Rodriguez, WVU players react to loss to Arizona