Not because we lost last night, just thinking out loud for a min.....

Feb 23, 2008
I often wonder why the league allows Vandy to use their court design. I mean, does anyone honestly think Vandy's good enough of a program to win 32-33 at home without having a huge advantage? I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say an opponent is 10 points behind as soon as they enter the gym. People try to downplay it but let's face it, they've beaten alot of great teams there over the years, I think the last three #1 ranked teams lost there. If Vandy can put up those kind of stats at home, why do I never see them past the Sweet 16? This is the same conference that seems to think a cowbell can effect the outcome of a game. Don't get me wrong, we get our bells in but at at the same time, the league put legislation in place. Like I said, I'm not saying it because we lost. I've been thinking about it all year, last night just reminded me of it.</p>

Stansfield

Apr 3, 2007
OK, I am gonna get reemed for this question, but what about their court puts other teams at a disadvantage?

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
what rules is Vandy breaking by having their court set up that way?
i guess im just not sure what you mean when you say you wonder why the league allows them to do that. why wouldnt they allow them to have it set up that way? Vandy is following the set rules for the court setup and dimensions, so what leg would the league have to stand on?

let us know what rule they are breaking and i will probably agree that the court needs to be changed to comply.

Todd4State

Mar 3, 2008
Your court doesn't comply with league standards, so you have to build a brand new basketball arena almost. They would have to actually lower the court, or raise up the seats to do that.

Stansfield

Apr 3, 2007
Maybe so, but I don't like the way my creepy stans looked. But really, what about Vandy's court gives them an advantage? Is it because the benches are on the backline instead of the sidelines?

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007
the seats being at eye level of the court. the place just looks weird compared to most arenas. i don't know how much of an advantage it actually gives to the home team. they do play better there but hell most teams in the SEC play better at home.

Dawgpile

May 23, 2006