Not sure I've ever seen a worse Carolina basketball team

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
SEC ?
This team just got smoked by George Washington. Perhaps the better question may be is there anyone in D1 that we could say we're better than.
(Don't ask if you think you may not like the answer)

Yeah, SEC. Hard to see where the wins will come from. We all knew it was going to take Paris some time. But there's "bad" and then there's "getting smoked by GW bad." They haven't even had a winning season since 2016/2017 or something like that. University of Maryland Eastern Shore gave them a better game than we did.

TeeCock

Jan 21, 2022
It's really bad.
What I don't understand is during the 1st 2 games, players were hitting shots. Since then, it looks like they have never played basketball! The game last night, no one could hit a shot from anywhere! Many shots were wide open shots🏀

Fried Chicken

Jan 30, 2022
What I don't understand is during the 1st 2 games, players were hitting shots. Since then, it looks like they have never played basketball! The game last night, no one could hit a shot from anywhere! Many shots were wide open shots🏀
It was their first true road game of the season. They aren’t any good, but it is possible this contributed to some of the missed shots last night. Not an excuse…just possible contributing factor to why we were so pitiful last night. Nowhere near good enough. This isn’t really on Paris yet, but gotta see improvement and progress. Also need to get some guys healthy like Meechie and Chico. They are playing sometimes, but not 100%.

Psycock

Joined Jan 20, 2001
Jan 29, 2022
Good grief - why complain? Did you expect Paris to wave a magic wand or something? We were picked to finish last in the SEC for a reason. Enjoy the pleasant surprises(Clemson) while we take our lumps. Painful but you should expect plenty. The future is bright. Support the team and coaching staff and give them time, not grief.

Dod Rangerfield

Jan 30, 2022
Good grief - why complain? Did you expect Paris to wave a magic wand or something? We were picked to finish last in the SEC for a reason. Enjoy the pleasant surprises(Clemson) while we take our lumps. Painful but you should expect plenty. The future is bright. Support the team and coaching staff and give them time, not grief.
I expected the team to look competent at the game of basketball. They do not.

Tngamecock

Jan 22, 2022
Wonder if Bosmans-Verdonk knows you can dunk? Never seen someone miss over and over and over every game from 2 ft Countless times.

Gray needs to play more.

Lamont….5 people passing the ball around the three point line does not make an offense.

I thought this team was going to be fun to watch grow. They may be as soon as we can figure out an offense.

bayrooster

Jan 21, 2022
Well, the fact is he did take us to a Final Four. And the fact is he had more success in the SEC than any coach we’ve ever had.

His UMass team is 5-1 with a tournament trophy to show for it. They’ve beaten teams far better than teams we’ve lost to.

Again, I was ready to part ways with him. It was getting old. Somebody else deserved a shot. I don’t think this was a good fit for him. I think our job is tough and you need a really good recruiter him to have success. But Lamont Paris isn’t anywhere near the Coach Frank Martin is…yet.

You may not like Frank. And that’s fine. But he’s a solid coach. A unique one for sure. But he’ll do well at UMass because he’ll be able to get the kind of player he needs there. We’re going to find out a lot of Martins issues weren’t him, but this job and how unfit he was for it. It’s the same thing Dave Odom basically said on the way out. We’re far behind in basketball. Worst job in the SEC. Football school. Big time in Baseball. Successful Women’s Program. Not that attractive for young men looking to be the stud on campus.
Isn't Frank gone? Why is no one talking about the coach we have right now? Not sure how Frank is doing elsewhere has any bearing on what's happening now.

Reactions: Atlanta Cock

Fried Chicken

Jan 30, 2022
Isn't Frank gone? Why is no one talking about the coach we have right now? Not sure how Frank is doing elsewhere has any bearing on what's happening now.
I was talking about Paris previously and this was in response to his response to that post. I’ve posted a lot about Paris and this team. I’ve watched them every opportunity I’ve had. I’ve defended him based on the situation he’s inherited.

Don’t just choose one post and try to create something. Good grief. You having a bad day or something?

bayrooster

Jan 21, 2022
I was talking about Paris previously and this was in response to his response to that post. I’ve posted a lot about Paris and this team. I’ve watched them every opportunity I’ve had. I’ve defended him based on the situation he’s inherited.

Don’t just choose one post and try to create something. Good grief. You having a bad day or something?
No, I'm cool. Thanks for the background. I'm just glad Martin has moved on.