Noteable results

BWFight

Oct 30, 2021
True -- but even then Parris could still get the 4 at B10s.

Here's why: PSU-Minny and Iowa-Michigan do not face each other this year. So the regular season matchups will be:
Kerk: Parris, Cass; no Steveson
Parris: Kerk, Steveson; no Cass
Cass: Kerk, Steveson; no Parris

If Kerk beats both, he'll get the 2 -- but it's way too early to tell if Parris or Cass would be the 3. (That would probably come down to non-conference; Parris faces Schultz and Stencel in duals; Cass has a much weaker non-conference schedule so far (though he could face up to 3 of Schultz, Stencel, Elam, and Traxler at Collegiate Duals).
I appreciate the good work you do with your analyses. Well done 👍

Oct 31, 2021
Agree that Arujau at 125 would be better for us going against "one-legged Lee". He would be a serious threat to Lee. Arujau is a ton better than he was 2 years ago. Not sure if Lee is any better than he was 2 years ago. Haven't seen him wrestle anyone of substance in that time frame.
Don t write off Lee. Vito at 133 opens up DH as a potential semifinalist. Seen him him Wrestle since he was a kid. He ll handle DeSanto fine . Think Dagestan type skill set. He ll have much bigger challenge w RBY s pace, speed and athleticism. Yianni at 149 helps Nick . Spencer will be there. Our point gain potential is at 125! Not 133, 141! We got 2 of the best! Then Beau at 149, so Yianni wins? Beau will still do his thing. Just my humble opinion . Big pix! No one knows? I respect ur opinion.

SonnyAbeFan

Oct 30, 2021
Pretty amazing finish to Mickey Phillippi (Pitt) and Malyke Hines (Lehigh). Last second defensive pin for Hines win. Rarely see the call but I think because Hines reached back and got Phillippi’s head was the reason for the call. In My opinion, it was a good call. Defensive pins are so tricky particularly when the offensive guy is getting swipes (which I can’t recall the last time I saw called).

El_Jefe

Oct 11, 2021
Pretty amazing finish to Mickey Phillippi (Pitt) and Malyke Hines (Lehigh). Last second defensive pin for Hines win. Rarely see the call but I think because Hines reached back and got Phillippi’s head was the reason for the call. In My opinion, it was a good call. Defensive pins are so tricky particularly when the offensive guy is getting swipes (which I can’t recall the last time I saw called).
It absolutely was a good call -- and Hines might have pinned Phillippi a few seconds earlier on the previous roll.

Here it is:

SonnyAbeFan

Oct 30, 2021
It absolutely was a good call -- and Hines might have pinned Phillippi a few seconds earlier on the previous roll.

Here it is:

Wasn’t it Buckeye(?) fans who were complaining about Bo(?) pinning himself while getting swipes or in midst of a cradle? Does that ever get called? Is it a legit call?

El_Jefe

Oct 11, 2021
Wasn’t it Buckeye(?) fans who were complaining about Bo(?) pinning himself while getting swipes or in midst of a cradle? Does that ever get called? Is it a legit call?
Iowa, for Bo's spladle of Sammy Brooks at CHA.

Defensive pins are legit calls, and Bo was not pinned. He did have both shoulders down very briefly, clearly under 1 sec -- we compared it against the clock at the time.

In fairness to the Iowa fans at the time, it was very close. Bo's back was at a very shallow angle to the mat the whole time. You'd have to have the right viewpoint to see the gap, and even with the correct angle you'd have to be close -- not sure you could tell from the seats. The ref had the same viewpoint as the camera.

I say "at the time" because a lot of Iowa fans maintained the myth of Bo's self-pin long after the video proof showed otherwise.

McScoreley

Oct 31, 2021

Defensive pins are legit calls, and Bo was not pinned. He did have both shoulders down very briefly, clearly under 1 sec -- we compared it against the clock at the time.

In fairness to the Iowa fans at the time, it was very close. Bo's back was at a very shallow angle to the mat the whole time. You'd have to have the right viewpoint to see the gap, and even with the correct angle you'd have to be close -- not sure you could tell from the seats. The ref had the same viewpoint as the camera.

I say "at the time" because a lot of Iowa fans maintained the myth of Bo's self-pin long after the video proof showed otherwise.
For a fanbase that claims to be the most knowledgeable about wrestling, it's kind of shocking they didn't know that the guy locked in the spladle is the one getting pinned actually and not the guy with it locked up.

Reactions: Tryingtodoitright

BruceK-PSU83

Oct 31, 2021
For a fanbase that claims to be the most knowledgeable about wrestling, it's kind of shocking they didn't know that the guy locked in the spladle is the one getting pinned actually and not the guy with it locked up.
It was close enough that it was absolutely no surprise a bunch of the geniuses at HR would whine about it and claim that Nickal pinned himself.

Reactions: Danoftw

SonnyAbeFan

Oct 30, 2021

I don't think Hines had Phillippi for 1 second either (using my eyes only). I just assume a ref is less likely to be in position or to even call a defensive pin when the offensive guy is scoring. I guess both shoulder blades on the mat for 1 second is a pin, no matter what the scenario.

crockster

Oct 31, 2021
Braxton Amos gets beat by an unranked Trey Rogers from Hofstra. That's a shocker. People have been predicting him in the NCAA finals bc of his international achievements. Stilll a great wrestlers and only a freshman, but maybe some hype will slow down now. College wrestling is a tough sport.

82bordeaux

Oct 29, 2021
Braxton Amos gets beat by an unranked Trey Rogers from Hofstra. That's a shocker. People have been predicting him in the NCAA finals bc of his international achievements. Stilll a great wrestlers and only a freshman, but maybe some hype will slow down now. College wrestling is a tough sport.
The hype around Carter Starocci slowed down after the Indiana match last year, and that was 60 days from now.

• Haha
Reactions: SRATH