Noteable results

crockster

Oct 31, 2021
Peyton Robb(NEB) takes out NCAA Champion Austin O'Connor 5-2. Robb is good, but this a surprise.

Oct 31, 2021
That's because O'Connor won a title at a weight filled with NCAA 3-8 finishers.
It's also why Bartlett could shock some people in March 2022.
Imo by March what Beau achieves will not be a shock to anyone especially his opponents. Yes I know he s short! Lol.
Be well . And enjoy the match tonite. Ogunsanya s active w a long reach. Good chance for Beau and staff to experience this style and body type . Ogunsanya s brother making some noise at Columbia as well. Let s Go Beau!!!!!!!!!

El_Jefe

Oct 11, 2021
Corby made an interesting point today: O'Connor will likely get an artificially low NCAA seed due to poor strength of schedule.

IMO an undefeated O'Connor would've been a top 3 seed along with Carr and Deakin. Now?

Unfortunately any effect is likely to Iowa's benefit:
1. Strong chance his seed drops below Kaleb Young (6-8-5 seed in past 3 NCAAs). Which likely gives Young a marginally better draw.
2. Increases the likelihood of Bearclaw/Lee facing O'Connor in Round 2 or even in Round 1. (This is a low likelihood in any case, but non-zero.)

Something to be aware of as the season progresses.

Reactions: crockster

Cali_Nittany

Oct 11, 2021
Corby made an interesting point today: O'Connor will likely get an artificially low NCAA seed due to poor strength of schedule.

IMO an undefeated O'Connor would've been a top 3 seed along with Carr and Deakin. Now?

Unfortunately any effect is likely to Iowa's benefit:
1. Strong chance his seed drops below Kaleb Young (6-8-5 seed in past 3 NCAAs). Which likely gives Young a marginally better draw.
2. Increases the likelihood of Bearclaw/Lee facing O'Connor in Round 2 or even in Round 1. (This is a low likelihood in any case, but non-zero.)

Something to be aware of as the season progresses.

watoos

Oct 31, 2021
Jack del Garbino (who) just rolled Tony Cassioipi for the fall at 2:07. Cass with the quick takedown and trying to lock up his own pin got flipped and decked.

Iowa forums are stunned and in denial. Statements like Cass has to learn how to wrestled with his new body. lol.

KSLion

Oct 6, 2021
Hot off the press, Cassiopi just got pinned at Princeton, haven't had a chance to look it up.
Looked to be a little bit of a flukish situation, quite possibly borne of overconfident carelessness on newly-crowned, Under-23 National Champion Cassioppi's part. But give the Princeton wrestler credit; he knew how to quickly take advantage of an unexpected turn of events when it occurred.

Last edited:

watoos

Oct 31, 2021
Looked to be a little bit of a flukish situation, quite possibly borne of overconfidence on newly-crowned, Under-23 National Champion Cassioppi's part. But give the Princeton wrestler credit; he knew how to quickly take advantage of an unexpected turn of events when it occurred.
Poor coaching by Brands, no seed protection.

KSLion

Oct 6, 2021
Poor coaching by Brands, no seed protection.
If Brands thought seed protection were necessary tonight, he probably would've been a minority of one in Carver-Hawkeye Arena. (Not that it would've stopped him). :)

Last edited:

watoos

Oct 31, 2021
If Brands thought seed protection were necessary, he would've been a minority of one in Carver-Hawkeye Arena. (Not that it would've stopped him). :)
All joking aside, Kerk will still have to beat Cass in the dual to possibly push him to the 4 seed at B1Gs.

KSLion

Oct 6, 2021
All joking aside, Kerk will still have to beat Cass in the dual to possibly push him to the 4 seed at B1Gs.
Barring upsets or injuries, it looks like that could well be true, in which case tonight's loss-by-fall might be seen as a needed wake-up call for Mr. Cassioppi.

El_Jefe

Oct 11, 2021
True -- but even then Parris could still get the 4 at B10s.

Here's why: PSU-Minny and Iowa-Michigan do not face each other this year. So the regular season matchups will be:
Kerk: Parris, Cass; no Steveson
Parris: Kerk, Steveson; no Cass
Cass: Kerk, Steveson; no Parris

If Kerk beats both, he'll get the 2 -- but it's way too early to tell if Parris or Cass would be the 3. (That would probably come down to non-conference; Parris faces Schultz and Stencel in duals; Cass has a much weaker non-conference schedule so far (though he could face up to 3 of Schultz, Stencel, Elam, and Traxler at Collegiate Duals).

Last edited:

crockster

Oct 31, 2021
Stanford /Cornell : Julian Ramirez takes down Shane Griffith 3-2, Vito at 133 wins easily, Yanni at 149 wins 3-1 odd match against Abbas(w/2 penalty points.)

crockster

Oct 31, 2021
Reminder: Matt Lee beat Ramirez 8-5 last week at the Bearcat Open.
I must have glanced over that. That's interesting!! wonder if we will see Matt nat 165 at some point. Wrestling in the room is different in matches.

Tryingtodoitright

Oct 12, 2021
John Smith appears to be entering 21st century. After 2nd period it almost looked like he was coaching Fix to wrestle for bonus points.

PSU Mike

Oct 6, 2021
Gopher Sr Jake Bergeland stonewalls Fr star Carter Young 6-4. Just out scrambled then rode him. Young’s only TD was conceded with like 5 secs left.

Reactions: CropDuster507

Tryingtodoitright

Oct 12, 2021
Note to John Smith. Orange is a great color around Halloween time other than that it works best as a complimentary color, but never works on shoes.

Tryingtodoitright

Oct 12, 2021
Forgive me not reading ‘notable results’: After as many blood timeouts as takedowns Brayton Lee over Wyatt Sheets 16-9. Sheets gets late TD to avoid being majored. Okst leads MN after 157, 10-6. WWE Steveson co-coaching with Eggum.

Oct 31, 2021
Calling Nothingmeaningful , Looks like Vito 133, Yianni 149.
Congrats nice win. Imo as I stated this line up previously that s your best team. Helps us too. Hadlovic at 141. Vito over Disario. Yianni 3-1 over Abas- 2 penalty points. Nice win by Ramirez ! Hmmmm Didn t Matt Lee just wrestle him! Lol kidding. Seriously , nice win. Med fft Fernandes? Any info. Greg D.? But overall nice win. All the best. CB

El_Jefe

Oct 11, 2021
Congrats nice win. Imo as I stated this line up previously that s your best team. Helps us too. Hadlovic at 141. Vito over Disario. Yianni 3-1 over Abas- 2 penalty points. Nice win by Ramirez ! Hmmmm Didn t Matt Lee just wrestle him! Lol kidding. Seriously , nice win. Med fft Fernandes? Any info. Greg D.? But overall nice win. All the best. CB
Arujau at 133 helps us? I'd rather have him at 125 with one-legged Lee.

Also not sure how Yianni at 149 helps us. One less obstacle for Lee but also for Eierman. Guess he pushes Murin down a little but Murin but that's fewer points than pushing Eierman down a spot.

Reactions: LHavenlion
Oct 31, 2021

Also not sure how Yianni at 149 helps us. One less obstacle for Lee but also for Eierman. Guess he pushes Murin down a little but Murin but that's fewer points than pushing Eierman down a spot.
El Jefe, good points . I think if DH goes it helps us there. Kinda a wash w 133,141. But I like Nick at 141. He s taken a leap . RBY yes 133 more loaded but I like our chances. Just my take based a lot on gut feeling. And I guess Blue and White glasses ! We ll see . Lotta variables. Seeding will be key! All the best, Bv

Reactions: El_Jefe
Oct 31, 2021
El Jefe, good points . I think if DH goes it helps us there. Kinda a wash w 133,141. But I like Nick at 141. He s taken a leap . RBY yes 133 more loaded but I like our chances. Just my take based a lot on gut feeling. And I guess Blue and White glasses ! We ll see . Lotta variables. Seeding will be key! All the best, Bv
Edit and yes I believe strongly Drew will be the man.

El_Jefe

Oct 11, 2021
I'm good with the pro-PSU angle here.

But I suspect we may still need some help pushing down Iowa's points. One part of that I missed -- how Arujau would do vs. DeSanto. As physical as DeSanto is, Arujau would likely need to be a full feed 133 to beat him.

Oct 29, 2021
Calling Nothingmeaningful , Looks like Vito 133, Yianni 149.
For now. I'm not sure that Yianni will stay there. I think that Yianni/Richard is better than Handlovic/Yianni. I would be interested in learning what Yianni actually weighed for this match. We'll see where he is at CKLV!

VSA 19

Oct 17, 2021

Agree that Arujau at 125 would be better for us going against "one-legged Lee". He would be a serious threat to Lee. Arujau is a ton better than he was 2 years ago. Not sure if Lee is any better than he was 2 years ago. Haven't seen him wrestle anyone of substance in that time frame.