Now here's a unique realignment proposal

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Notre Dame should forge a new conference consisting of: Notre Dame, Stanford, Cal, Army, Navy Air Force.

The article includes this line: "So what’s in this for Notre Dame? Nothing, really. And that’s why it would never happen. The Irish can make more money and stay completely independent in football or they can make even more money by someday affiliating with either the Big Ten or SEC."

Editor must be taking a day off.

muscleknight

Jan 20, 2022
If the college football committee still gives the Pac 4 champ an auto bid then why not keep the 4 together and play 4 conference games with 8 cup cakes. Easy path to the playoffs.

Uscg1984

Jan 28, 2022
If the college football committee still gives the Pac 4 champ an auto bid then why not keep the 4 together and play 4 conference games with 8 cup cakes. Easy path to the playoffs.
I like that idea. The entire college football world (except for the fans of the other playoff teams) would be pulling for the winner of the Pac-4 to win it all. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
It's an absurd proposal. But ten years ago we all would have mocked someone for suggesting the Big 10 should add SoCal and UCLA.

ToddFlanders

Jan 20, 2022

I was thinking this same thing, and I'd love to see it. And with 4 teams, they'd actually only play 3 conference games each. I feel like almost all of this expansion has been done without real feasibility studies, and thus there will be a lot of unintended consequences (that no one ever considered, or even dreamt of). A four school power conference possibly being one of those.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022

Sankey and others have already said they will have to revisit the 12-team format following the death of the Pac 12.