NU @ MSU - Game thread

TheC

All-Conference
May 29, 2001
19,377
1,449
62
I am going to take credit for this one. My son goes to Michigan State and so I own an MSU sweatshirt, which I put on this morning forgetting we played them tonight. The reverse jinx worked. Now I just have to go out and get a sweatshirt from every BIG team.
 

rwhitney014

Junior
Dec 5, 2007
5,284
275
47
Pitt game was weird, but this bunch is playing a lot of good defense.

Tonight was a welcome addition of less chucking and more getting into the paint, which led to getting to the line, which led to excellent 21-24 from the line (after starting 0-2, no less). That's the formula - a handful of 3s can supplement it, sure, but you've got upperclassmen handling the ball who can get to the rim and get to the line. And you can package that with defense and rebounding to win in the toughest venue in the conference.

Lather, rinse, repeat.
 

Styre

Senior
Oct 14, 2004
7,795
507
113
Good win. Threw MSU off their game and never really let them get back on track. The game bogged down into a rock fight in the final 10 minutes but we held the lead. Collins has outcoached Izzo on multiple occasions over the past few years.
 

PurpleWhiteBoy

Redshirt
Feb 25, 2021
5,303
0
0
Maybe I'm dreaming, but I think after halftime we stopped doubling the low post every time the ball went in there.
Makes it a lot tougher on the 3 point shooters.

Very nice win.
 
Wildcat Report

Latest

  1. 01 Wildcat Report Fearless Forecast: Ball State vs. Northwestern
  2. 02 On3 NIL Northwestern agrees to 10-year extension on Under Armour deal, will receive increased NIL investment
  3. 03 Wildcat Report Media Day Notebook: Northwestern hungry to rebuild with 11 new players on roster
  4. 04 Wildcat Report Northwestern vs. Penn State PFF Grades Analysis
  5. 05 Wildcat Report Behind Enemy Lines: Ball State