NU Running Game

purplebirder

Redshirt
May 29, 2001
329
13
18
I may have missed something amongst all the discussions following Friday's game, but why did Joseph Himon only have 2 carries ? He had a great game versus Colorado so I was hoping for a repeat performance

Looking forward to the Penn State contest. GO CATS !
 

phatcat_rivals223240

All-Conference
Nov 5, 2001
19,150
1,248
113
I think Kelly figured out early we weren't going to be able to run. Sawchuk has an 11 yard run, other than that, the RBs were about 1 yard per carry.

I was puzzled that Himon wasn't targeted in passing, but IU may have had him blanketed. Wilde also took a long time to figure it out before he broke loose in the 2nd half.

It feels like defenses just blanket Wilde and maybe now Himon. They give lip service to Wagner because of his drops and his height/ Chiles overthrows. Big Luke breaking out will help. Also Eligon if/when he returns
 
  • Like
Reactions: Purple Pete
Wildcat Report

Latest

  1. 01 Wildcat Report Recruit Roundup: Thornton and Frey each snag a pick-six, Norman rushes for four TDs
  2. 02 College Football Playoff College Football Playoff prediction: Alabama rises after road win, Northwestern enters the bracket
  3. 03 Wildcat Report Northwestern vs. Penn State PFF Snap Counts Analysis
  4. 04 Wildcat Report Takeaways: Northwestern couldn't dream of a better win over Penn State
  5. 05 On3 Football Northwestern's new era: Inside the first game at New Ryan Field