***** OFFICIAL ***** Legacy Thread

3-D_chess

All-Conference
Jul 18, 2025
1,110
1,217
113
As stated in the subject heading, this thread is VERY official. Any complaints about this content should be directed to the solicitor general of the United Nations. Any legal questions should be directed to the law-firm: Dewey, Cheatham & Howe. And as always leave a laughing emoji if you find my post a biblical epiphany. Finally, you should never start a sentence with "and".

This will be an ongoing assessment in how we are building a better future for the football (occasionally I'll mention other sports and how they are affected) program thru utilizing "legacy" contacts.
For the purpose of this thread "legacy" includes everything from the relatives (siblings; children; extended family; etc) of former players/coaches to relatives of graduates/administration/board of regents.

Ultimate finally, if you have information on legacies that is not being covered by other outlets leave it here and you will be rewarded with Taylor Swift concert tickets and a backstage pass.
 

3-D_chess

All-Conference
Jul 18, 2025
1,110
1,217
113
1st legacy in 2027 class ... congrats to commit Gavin Stecker. I assume he is a cousin to WR Dylan Stecker.
He joins legacies Mason Woods (TE); Iose Epenesa (DL); Drew Campbell (DE) and Jayden Montgomery (LB)
 
  • Like
Reactions: Torgeroni

Iron Doc

All-Conference
Nov 5, 2005
883
1,260
93
and where would we be able to find 3rd party verification that this is THE original thread?
 

Palmerhawk

All-Conference
Jul 3, 2025
2,220
4,416
113

DuddyB

All-Conference
Jul 14, 2022
1,912
3,400
113

3-D_chess

All-Conference
Jul 18, 2025
1,110
1,217
113
Niiiiiiiiice. Hopefully he doesn't bolt for the NFL the first chance he gets. Of course I don't really blame his brother, I mean 3 yrs of Captain Conservative is more than enough.


 
Last edited:

3-D_chess

All-Conference
Jul 18, 2025
1,110
1,217
113
I’m intrigued on how they could use him. He’s a bit of a tweeter like the Sadiq kid from Oregon.
Wasn't it 1991 Hayden had a 6'1" 230 DE who was an All-American. Something like 18 sacks. I think he was a converted RB. I hoped that would be his future, certainly not TE with the wealth of talent already in the room.
 
  • Like
Reactions: ClarindaA’s

JerseyCityHawk

All-Conference
Jul 6, 2025
1,324
2,180
112
Wasn't it 1991 Hayden had a 6'1" 230 DE who was an All-American. Something like 18 sacks. I think he was a converted RB. I hoped that would be his future, certainly not TE with the wealth of talent already in the room.
Yes, my boy from Sicklerville, NJ… just down the road where I grew up
 

3-D_chess

All-Conference
Jul 18, 2025
1,110
1,217
113
Let's take a look at how the legacies are positioned to help the Hawkeyes this year and beyond.
Starting with the newbies
Eli Kampman - DB - 6-2 200
Isaiah Oliver - WR - 5-11 200
Apollo Payne - WR - 6-3 215
Luke Brewer (kinda, his sister plays on the softball team)
Mason Woods - TE 6-2 230 (wondering if MSU is gonna poach him)
George Nahas - OL - 6-3 295
Iose Epenesa - DL - 6-3 270
Drew Campbell - DL - 6-4 255
Julian Manson - LB - 6-3 225
Jayden Montgomery - LB - 5-11 230

That's a damn good collection. Obviously this year several will be key to Iowa's run to the CFP.

An update on a couple who got away.
Mac Markway - LSU TE, ended up playing DL for Nebraska. Hasn't really contributed.
Kyler Kasper (pretty sure KF is going after his younger brother) - Oregon WR ended up playing at BYU. 4/42 yds in their recent 63-7 win over Utah Tech, where Deacon Hill plays. I'm a little surprised Deacon didn't lead his team to a victory over BYU.
 
Hawkeye Report

Latest

  1. 01 Hawkeye Report Football Behind Enemy Lines: Ohio State Edition
  2. 02 Hawkeye Report Football Question of the week: Where does the Michigan win rank in the Ferentz era?
  3. 03 Hawkeye Report Football Kirk Ferentz updates injuries, talks Ohio State
  4. 04 Hawkeye Report Football Hank Brown confident in offense against Ohio State
  5. 05 Hawkeye Report Football Addison Ostrenga looks back at huge reception