Official PSU - Ohio Game Thread

VaDave4PSU

Oct 12, 2021
UT badly missed a chip shot FG a while ago.
I'm not saying it cost them the game, but it would have forced Bama to score 6 instead of 3.

Singleton is really good at bouncing it to the outside. Would really like to see the OL open up some holes for inside running that will be needed against faster LBs in B10 play.

Agreed. Some of those were designed to go inside, the one out of the big set in particular, but Singleton just using his speed because...he can.

Reactions: Jim from Spicewood

dcf4psu

Oct 25, 2021
I was at the game and haven't read any comments, but the freshman QB needs to be the starter moving forward.

Reactions: PSUJam

dcf4psu

Oct 25, 2021
Disagree. Clifford playing well. Allar getting to learn and playing. Will move in if Clifford gets hurt or falters. Don’t rush him and turn him in to Hackenberg
I have nothing against Clifford, but he's 24 and in his 6th year. They aren't contending for a title with him at QB, they just aren't. Allar's time at PSU is limited - he's a three year player at best. Play him all that you can starting now.

Reactions: Waaaaaaaany

Bones80

Oct 19, 2021
I have nothing against Clifford, but he's 24 and in his 6th year. They aren't contending for a title with him at QB, they just aren't. Allar's time at PSU is limited - he's a three year player at best. Play him all that you can starting now.
Still disagree. They are contending until they’re not. Stranger things have happened. What sort of message does that send to the team? We can’t compete this year so let’s toss it in so the qb gets some experience for next year!

Nohow

Oct 25, 2021
Disagree. Clifford playing well. Allar getting to learn and playing. Will move in if Clifford gets hurt or falters. Don’t rush him and turn him in to Hackenberg
Except Clifford is probably the third or fourth best QB on the team.

Reactions: PSUAVLNC

Bones80

Oct 19, 2021
Except Clifford is probably the third or fourth best QB on the team.
Nonsense. He was BIG co-offensive player of the week last week. PSU doesn’t win that game without him in for the last drive. Today he leads them to a TD going 6/6 on the first drive. He didn’t do anything today that would lead him to lose QB1.

Reactions: ILLINOISLION

Shadow99

Oct 25, 2021
Please use this thread for all pre-game, in-game, and post-game discussions about the PSU - Ohio game.

Only time will tell what drinks @Midnighter has whipped up for the game, and who his server(s) is/are for the game.

We Are ...

- happy to have the home opener on such a beautiful day
- looking forward to watching PSU work out some of the kinks on O, D, and ST
- curious to see how many backups and/or true freshmen play today
- wishing I was in State College for today's game
- expecting to have a blast during the game

... Penn State!!!!
We Are...

- happy to see Tom back coordinating the gameday thread
- happy to get the win
- excited about the young talent
- concerned about field goals
- pleasantly surprised that PSU defensive linemen actually batted down several balls
- considering that Amin Vanover may be an underrated player on the team

PSU87

Oct 12, 2021
This is apparently correct - heard the guys on the BWI podcast say they were told this is how it’s pronounced. I’ve never heard ‘eaux’ pronounced that way but it’s his name so…..🤷
So LSUs famous chant is actually......er Tigers. Huh...who knew? :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Midnighter

dcf4psu

Oct 25, 2021
Hackenberg's issues were from the coaching change. If BOB stayed things would have been better for Hack since he came to PSU for that offense,

Reactions: MICH.Nit Fan

Bones80

Oct 19, 2021
Hackenberg's issues were from the coaching change. If BOB stayed things would have been better for Hack since he came to PSU for that offense,
You should stop now. You're demonstrating that you don't know football.

Bones80

Oct 19, 2021
Your answer demonstrates my point. Isn’t Allar a pocket passer? Hackenberg ended up a shell of a QB who developed the yips because he was endlessly hit on almost every throw. O’Brien did not recruit O lineman. They even used a converted DT on the oline. Christian’s first year, they still had a few of Joe’s oline on the team. When Franklin arrived, the oline was decimated. Even Temple sacked him 10 times in one game. By the end, Hack couldn’t even complete a swing pass to the flat. Throw in Allar too early with a still iffy oline and risk a similar outcome. Allar has a lot of upside, but a little patience will make him a much better QB when he eventually takes over. No need to rush him now. If Clifford goes down or plays poorly later in the year, it’s a different story, but for now, the smart play is to allow Allar to develop further and learn from an experienced QB .

FTLPSU

Oct 6, 2021
Is that your son?
I am as close to a father he has…..coached him since he was 8 and paid for HS private school tuition at Gibbons…great kid very soft spoken his sideline “Taunt” after running Clifford out of bounds is truly uncanny for him…he needs to be that way to be competitive though…very fast, runs a true 4.3…better in bump and run coverage than zone schemes. He will be pretty good next year when he gets more confident…perhaps will transfer to FBS school..