Zach Gelb, a Temple alum. Fair point- this is the first time Rutgers football has been a national talking point since Pandemonium in Piscataway. But but but 2006.
Host said something I was glad to hear - namely how stale the Schiano schtick has become (happens to most coaches at the end) . Personally I'm unresponsive to "keep chopping...FAMILY...My goal is to win a championship..in the mix...we'll get there...its a process...we're working on it...we're young" and such.
Three weeks ago GS dragged out the old "my goal is to win a championship" (from GS 1.0) and I just giggled. 25 years of trying to win a title hasn't produced much. Last year Greg was almost in tears thanking heaven for winning against Purdue. After 4 straight loses I could understand Greg's relief but Purdue was in a 5 game losing streak and on the way to 10 game losing streak . I realized then just how bad things were.
I'm glad for Greg's efforts and he's a good man - but he's also rich with a lot of vacation time. I'm not crying and its time for a new act. Its become like watching a bad version of Beatlemania or the 18th version of the Temptations. 2 steps forward and 1 step back has become 1 step sideways and 2 steps back