Old topic for new board

NittanyChris

Oct 12, 2021
This has been discussed previously but I don’t recall seeing a good solution.

There is nothing more deflating than looking forward to a great matchup between two top wrestlers all week only to have one wrestler not be active for the match.

No matter what the reason, legitimate injury, protecting a seed, selective rehab regimens. Legitimate reason or not, there can be little argument that it’s bad for the sport.

So what can be done to decrease the frequency of this occurring during the regular season?

Just two weeks til live PSU wrestling! Psyched!!

WE ARE!!!

NittanyChris

Oct 12, 2021
Nothing? Any ideas? We hear a lot of talk about “growing the sport” and I’m sure there is a ceiling to that. However, if it is to grow some, this regular season problem should be addressed in some way. No?

pish69

Oct 12, 2021
Honestly nothing you can do about it. I used to have the duck thread but over the years, kind of took a step back and let it go.

At the end of the day, the kids don't duck, it's coaches or injuries..until duals mean something more than pride, I don't think there's anything that will change

NittanyChris

Oct 12, 2021
Honestly nothing you can do about it. I used to have the duck thread but over the years, kind of took a step back and let it go.

At the end of the day, the kids don't duck, it's coaches or injuries..until duals mean something more than pride, I don't think there's anything that will change
Fair enough. The question is how do you increase the importance of the duals and/or regular season matches?

pish69

Oct 12, 2021
Make a dual championship. But even then the NCAAs is the end all be all and I don’t see that changing.

i would quote you but haven’t figured out how to do it on this new board. When I click insert quote I see your quote but no where for me to type? (On my phone, haven’t checked from computer yet)

El_Jefe

Oct 11, 2021
Make a dual championship. But even then the NCAAs is the end all be all and I don’t see that changing.

i would quote you but haven’t figured out how to do it on this new board. When I click insert quote I see your quote but no where for me to type? (On my phone, haven’t checked from computer yet)
Nice idea but it's been shown over and over again: ducking is at its worst during a duals championship.

In each round, as soon as the match is clinched, all remaining starters are saved for the next round.

Latest posts