OT: Anyone else live in Woodrow?

USCEE82

Feb 17, 2024
And want to share any memories? It was a hellhole when I lived there: Fall '78 through Spring '81. Yes, I am old! No AC, steam radiator heat that sounded like someone was banging on the pipes with a pipe wrench, tons of roaches that scattered when you turned the light on, and no bathroom on my (second) floor. Everyone had to move out at the end of Spring semester '81 because they were going to start renovations. Woodrow sucked back then, but you couldn't beat the central location. And right across the street from Russell House where I ate most of meals with coupons I tore out of a book! I moved to DeSaussure on the horseshoe for my senior year which had already been renovated and was quite nice.

USCEE82

Feb 17, 2024
No Woodrowers yet. Oh, I forgot to mention in my original post that the neighbors above me played the self-titled Van Halen album 24/7 on full blast. I wonder where those guys are now.

Prestonyte

Jun 1, 2022
No Woodrowers yet. Oh, I forgot to mention in my original post that the neighbors above me played the self-titled Van Halen album 24/7 on full blast. I wonder where those guys are now.
NuTone Hearing Aid Franchisees

Reactions: USCEE82
Feb 24, 2024
My dad lived in Woodrow for 1 or 2 years. Don't know any of the stories.

I lived in Preston, Capstone, and an "off-campus" house on Greene Street halfway between Russell House and the Nut

HTCock

Jan 29, 2022
Lived in Woodrow Fall of ‘92 - Spring of ‘94. 1st year in a 3 bedroom and 2nd in a 2 bedroom. Loved the kitchen, den and private bedroom! Expensive, but nice. Fun to live on edge of Horseshoe and across from Russel. Relatively convenient to Band Hall and McMaster (was a Music Ed major). My roommate had an awesome component JVC stereo system and we would play Metallica full blast on Friday afternoons - often to the objections of our neighbors - w/the windows down.

USCEE82

Feb 17, 2024
My room was two bedrooms and a common living area. Four guys. Two twin beds in each bedroom. And to create more floor space, we took some 2x4s and converted them to bunk beds. I shared a bedroom with a guy who loved his bong. He didn't come back the next semester. There was a sink and mirror in the common area and one roommate had a habit of pissing in the sink in the middle of the night because he was too lazy to go up or downstairs to the bathroom. That's the sink where everyone else brushed their teeth. Across the hall were some guys from Chesterfield. One of them would turn off the lights and light his farts. Never a dull moment.

VZVZ

Garnet Trust Supporter
Jun 20, 2023
It was a great album though.

Jan 26, 2022
1975-1980. I requested Bates House, Columbia Hall or the Towers. Ended up in Woodrow and never left. So convenient to all my classes. Off campus dwellers in and out all day, killing time until their next class. Close to the Library, Golden Spur and Campus Club. Not too far of a walk to / stumble back from Five Points. Three basketball goals on the asphalt right outside the door. We loved it.

USCEE82

Feb 17, 2024
Riot, you and I overlapped at Woodrow. I remember the basketball court at the end. I lived more towards the other end. I too, requested something nicer and submitted my housing application together with a buddy from high school. He got put on the Horseshoe with three strangers and I got put in Woodrow with three strangers. WTH!

Latest posts