OT: Arby's

oldjar07

All-Conference
Oct 25, 2009
9,492
2,040
113
There was an Arby’s just a couple of blocks from my parents house so I ate there way more than I probably ever should have. Heck, that Arby’s is still there to this day. And I remember me and my college buds hitting up Arby’s when they used to do the 5 roast beef sandwiches for 5 bucks deal.

But I never liked their deep voice ‘just the meats’ commercial dude and they totally lost me forever when they started promoting the ‘New York Reuben’ years back. They must have received some flack for it since they eventually dropped the New York from the name, but damage done and I won’t forgive them for it.

plus, steak was not meant to be nuggetized. What a terrible idea.
I literally lived off of the 5 for 5 deal as a kid. It was great but probably had something of a fiber deficit.
 

GeorgeFlippin

Heisman
May 29, 2001
38,652
35,620
113
Can't be an Arby's reference without David Puddy.
 
  • Like
Reactions: SeaOfRed75

DrAlan_Grant

Senior
Jan 30, 2019
1,962
623
87
Does anyone remember the Arby's pork belly sandwich? It was a seasonal thing pre-covid. I don't think I've seen it since. It was really good. Can't believe I just remembered this.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Killersker47
Jun 21, 2001
2,166
548
113
I really can't think of a fast food burger I don't like. Royale w/cheese, Wendy's, BK whopper w/cheese....Runza, even DQ..all good.

If I had to choose a fave though, flame broiled Whopper all day baby!! I don't even care I barfed my last one up in the back yard immediately after I ate it last year, tasted awesome goin down.

My philosophy is if it tastes just as good coming up as it did going down, it is a quality burger.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Anon1752071136

BleedRed89

Heisman
Nov 27, 2008
34,452
53,461
113
Tried em for the hell of it. Taste was fine. At least tasted like real smoke IMO.

Texture however, not great. Definitely not smoked to perfection. Mine were pretty dry.

Arby's, on the whole however - slaps. How one can hate a beef and cheddar and curly fries with Arby's sauce is beyond me.


....you horsey sauce freaks can kick rocks tho. 🤮
 
Inside Nebraska

Latest

  1. 01 Rivals Football Recruiting Nebraska's recruiting weekend: a 4-0 record, several Rivals300 prospects coming for Maryland game
  2. 02 Inside Nebraska Football Nebraska OC Dana Holgorsen & DC Rob Aurich reflect on win over Michigan State, preview Maryland
  3. 03 Rivals Football Recruiting Who’s locked in — and who isn't? Easton Royal flip buzz; LSU, TCU, Ohio State, Arizona State, SMU, Houston making runs at committed prospects
  4. 04 Inside Nebraska Football Rhule: Colandrea sliding, sharp words for Nwaneri & Jones, plus an early eval on Huskers’ transfer class
  5. 05 Inside Nebraska Football Here’s what Nebraska coach Matt Rhule said about Dylan Raiola performance in Oregon’s win over USC