OT: Are any of y'all's wives obsessed with what's going on with Kate Middleton as mine is?

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Every woman in my family is glued to anything royal family related, and I have never had any understanding as to what makes any of it interesting. They have been glorified figure heads for centuries that consume millions of pounds of tax money every year to socialize, live the high life, travel, and make appearances

I’ve never understood the fascination, and I’ve accepted the fact that I never will

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008

Are any of y'all's wives obsessed with what's going on with Kate Middleton as mine is?​

Not mine, but she is saying she is sick of hearing about it and I have no idea what she or your wife are even talking about concerning Kate. And, I'm feeling pretty good about that.

Reactions: eckie1

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
Every woman in my family is glued to anything royal family related, and I have never had any understanding as to what makes any of it interesting. They have been glorified figure heads for centuries that consume millions of pounds of tax money every year to socialize, live the high life, travel, and make appearances

I’ve never understood the fascination, and I’ve accepted the fact that I never will
It's like a real life soap opera. I don't get it either.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014

I can relate. My wife and mil constantly talk about royal family and I always say well we told king George to kiss our arse so I don't give a crap what they do

Reactions: Wesson Bulldog

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
Chinese-made social media fake drama TikTok horseshittery.
Gotta get all the Senators wives who aren’t already addicted to TikTok to make them baby daddys vote against the upcoming ban

Beretta.sixpack

Oct 29, 2009
Not royalty.....but my wife is OBSESSED with Taylor Swift and Travis Kielce.....the NFL accomplished its goals.....she is now a full fledged pro football fan though....and she recorded every KC game, knows all the players.....she watches all their podcasts on the TV....even ordered some hat to wear that has the name of the podcast....its insane.

• Haha
Reactions: kired

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
I've been getting "updates" from my wife for weeks now. This weekend the whole thing went bizarre and my wife is glued to tik tok, listening to the "theories" on what's going on with the Royals.

Neither I, nor my wife keep up with or care about the royal family. My SIL, however, is obsessed. I don't understand it. Seems like we fought them because of our disdain for the monarchy...

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
My wife grew up in England, well, at least until 12. She doesn't really have any royal interest.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
I've been getting "updates" from my wife for weeks now. This weekend the whole thing went bizarre and my wife is glued to tik tok, listening to the "theories" on what's going on with the Royals.
Ha, we talked about this just last night, actually...except it was me who brought it up.

I was pushed an news article that showed some doctored photo of Kate Middleton and her kids, the article referenced various conspiracies that have been floated over the last couple months, and then wondered why the 17 this is world 'news'.
I asked my wife if she had heard about it so she could hopefully explain why the 17 I should care, and she rolled her eyes then said 'I heard she had some surgery...maybe she just wants her privacy. Who knows.'

I married right.

MSUDAWGFAN

Apr 17, 2014

I have never understood why we care? First off, we aren't part of their country anymore. But more importantly, it has long been debunked that bloodlines don't necessarily mean intelligence or anything else.

Reactions: Leeshouldveflanked

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022

Naw, mine is glued to Love is Blind. I think you got the better deal.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
If they were a real royal family they would execute a few peasants to stop all of this bad coverage they are getting. Just sayin’

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
I had a colonoscopy Feb. 15,, nobody seemed concerned, but me.

I ain't worried about Kate. The internet press keeps bringing it to the table.
I've ignored it till this thread.

Anon1664516582

Sep 30, 2022

Go over to England and visit Buckingham Palace… our the British Museum of History or the Tower of London… or walk across London Bridge… It’s the damn History of the World as we know it. The Roman Wall across from the Tower of London… The Air war of Britain.. Big Ben.. The House of Commons in which I sat in the VIP section and had Tea on the Thames with a MP… saw Tony Blair in action up close…

If you go over there and don’t appreciate what Great Britain is…. Then I feel for ya.

TNDawg1

Oct 21, 2023
Women and effeminate men tend to freebase this stuff. The msm, when they aren’t pushing unrest and dissatisfaction always tease with something or other about the monarchy. I have a friend who lived over there for a while and basically converted to being eurotrash. Nothing here is good enough for his limey ***.

• Haha
Reactions: yakalot2

YesIAmAPirate

Oct 3, 2022
Parks And Recreation America GIF

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Just remembered the real reason why I mentioned the pushed article to my wife and asked her if she knew what was even going on.
- the article declared the AP had issued a 'kill notice' on the photo and multiple global media outlets followed suit.

A 'kill notice'?!? WT17? It was called a 'kill notification' by another global media outlet...maybe Reuters.
Anyways, wow that seems like an over the top way to announce a photo is not supported by the media outlet and wont be used moving forward. Just a funny term for media to use when referring to an edited photo.

I do now wonder where the line is for a photo to receive a kill notice. Can it be cropped? Can it be straightened? Can it be Sepia filtered? Can the brightness up adjusted?
...I cant imagine photos arent ever touched in any way before being used in articles, so there is certainly some sort of acceptable editing practice.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Just remembered the real reason why I mentioned the pushed article to my wife and asked her if she knew what was even going on.
- the article declared the AP had issued a 'kill notice' on the photo and multiple global media outlets followed suit.

A 'kill notice'?!? WT17? It was called a 'kill notification' by another global media outlet...maybe Reuters.
Anyways, wow that seems like an over the top way to announce a photo is not supported by the media outlet and wont be used moving forward. Just a funny term for media to use when referring to an edited photo.

I do now wonder where the line is for a photo to receive a kill notice. Can it be cropped? Can it be straightened? Can it be Sepia filtered? Can the brightness up adjusted?
...I cant imagine photos arent ever touched in any way before being used in articles, so there is certainly some sort of acceptable editing practice.

I suppose it’s better than 86ing it…

Confused Get Smart GIF

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I think it is a shame for her personally to have this disease.

I hate it.

All I can do is hope for the best for her. She seems like a decent human being. She's not appearing in some constant interview complaining about how terrible it is to be rich and famous and royal.

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
I thought you Americans fought a whole war so you would not have to worry about this inbred pack of ancient grifters? No offense to Kate. She seems like a genuinely nice person. Also, I am so happy Mrs. Morningstar is the resident civil engineer of Hell. And we have a two year old little demoness to chase around. Which gives us little time to worry about it. Hope she recovers other than that to quote from Thomas Jefferson, "I would gladly lend my hand to sink the whole island of Great Britain into the ocean".

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

MStateU

Nov 15, 2009
No and I would shut that down quick. Our ancestors were wise and gave a big F U to the “Royal” weirdo’s. They can kick rocks.

They are weirder than Texas A&M.

Eleven Bravo

Aug 31, 2018
My wife doesn’t give two ***** about Kate Middleton or the royals. I love that woman for lots of reasons, and this would just be reason #999,999 (or somewhere in there). If the Brits had a lick of sense, they would storm Buckingham Palace ASAP and kick every one of their haughty, inbred asses to the curb. What a tremendous waste of money and resources spent in keeping up the farce…

StumpNewGround

Dec 9, 2022