OT: Are any of y'all's wives obsessed with what's going on with Kate Middleton as mine is?

40mikemike

Sep 29, 2022
Go over to England and visit Buckingham Palace… our the British Museum of History or the Tower of London… or walk across London Bridge… It’s the damn History of the World as we know it. The Roman Wall across from the Tower of London… The Air war of Britain.. Big Ben.. The House of Commons in which I sat in the VIP section and had Tea on the Thames with a MP… saw Tony Blair in action up close…

If you go over there and don’t appreciate what Great Britain is…. Then I feel for ya.
17 England and the majority of Europe for that matter. This is America.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
My wife doesn’t give two ***** about Kate Middleton or the royals. I love that woman for lots of reasons, and this would just be reason #999,999 (or somewhere in there). If the Brits had a lick of sense, they would storm Buckingham Palace ASAP and kick every one of their haughty, inbred asses to the curb. What a tremendous waste of money and resources spent in keeping up the farce…
That's a legitimate opinion. Now on the other hand should they do that there is a lot of constitutional legal opinion there that the Royal Family would be entitled to reclaim an enormous amount of property they ceded under the agreement that gave them limited taxpayer support. From what I've read the current agreement is VERY in favor of the UK government/citizens. The Royal Family would reap an enormous windfall if what you just advocated should come to pass.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
17 England and the majority of Europe for that matter. This is America.
Their history up to the Treaty of Paris that ended our Revolutionary War, is OUR history. In today's world we need Europe as much as they need us. Hiding behind the Atlantic and the Pacific is no longer viable defense strategy. That ended when the Soviets launched Sputnik. Somehow, we as a nation seem to have forgotten this.

StumpNewGround

Dec 9, 2022
Their history up to the Treaty of Paris that ended our Revolutionary War, is OUR history. In today's world we need Europe as much as they need us. Hiding behind the Atlantic and the Pacific is no longer viable defense strategy. That ended when the Soviets launched Sputnik. Somehow, we as a nation seem to have forgotten this.
Ok. I’ll bite. Please explain.

I mean the explain how we need them part. Beyond trade.

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
while we were distracted those 17rs in washington passed another 1.5T of additional debt, payoffs, and pocket stuffing.

would only be justice if the chinese army walking across the border would seize DC.

ETA: #buybitcoin

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Ok. I’ll bite. Please explain.

I mean the explain how we need them part. Beyond trade.
The Atlantic and Pacific served as pretty good moats for a couple of hundred years. With today's weaponry, they are ditches. Isolationism is ancient history. Only the ignorant believe it can work now.

StumpNewGround

Dec 9, 2022
The Atlantic and Pacific served as pretty good moats for a couple of hundred years. With today's weaponry, they are ditches. Isolationism is ancient history. Only the ignorant believe it can work now.
Ok. What about self sufficiency and on-shoring manufacturing due to “today’s weaponry”. ? You think the bastards are suddenly going to keep supplying us if we’re at war?

Don’t answer. This will go round and round.

You win. You’re a f ing child. You win so I don’t have to deal with a sophomoric tit for tat.

Last edited:

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Ok. What about self sufficiency and on-shoring manufacturing due to “today’s weaponry”. ? You think the bastards are suddenly going to keep supplying us if we’re at war?

You win. You’re a f ing child. You win so I don’t have to deal with a sophomoric tit for tat.
LOL,

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
You need to stop reading the Atlantic, you sound like Bill Kristol. parroting neocon globalist talking points.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Is Princess Kate an isolationist? I'm gonna obsess over that for a bit.

Last edited:

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007

Wow. Inviting discussion and then throwing it away angrily.

Reactions: 17itdawg

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
while we were distracted those 17rs in washington passed another 1.5T of additional debt, payoffs, and pocket stuffing.

would only be justice if the chinese army walking across the border would seize DC.

ETA: #buybitcoin
What an incredibly dumb take.

40mikemike

Sep 29, 2022
Negative. OUR history started December 16th, 1773. You and England can go eat a bag of wieners. I’ve seen how they fight wars and they ain’t hitting on s#i+. We don’t need them. They need us. Two world wars have proven that. GWOT proved they didn’t learn any more about war fighting between 1945 and 2001. They still suck at it. You can gobble on that Union Jack all you want, but I could give a damn less if all of England was swallowed up by the English Channel.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Negative. OUR history started December 16th, 1773. You and England can go eat a bag of wieners. I’ve seen how they fight wars and they ain’t hitting on s#i+. We don’t need them. They need us. Two world wars have proven that. GWOT proved they didn’t learn any more about war fighting between 1945 and 2001. They still suck at it. You can gobble on that Union Jack all you want, but I could give a damn less if all of England was swallowed up by the English Channel.
It started a long time before that, even on this side of the Atlantic. Do the schools even teach history anymore?

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
It started a long time before that, even on this side of the Atlantic. Do the schools even teach history anymore?
Seems to me, we have not been to war against England, since about 1815.
And, somewhere in there we have become/been good allies.

40mikemike

Sep 29, 2022
In 1492 Columbus sailed the ocean blue and all that good s#i+. There were natives here before that. How far back you wanna go, dumb a$$? The Boston Tea Party was the turning point when we started to actually become a country. That was the point of no return and the collision course towards destiny was set. We whooped England’s a$$ and then did it again in 1812. We’ve been the greatest country on earth ever since.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
That's a legitimate opinion. Now on the other hand should they do that there is a lot of constitutional legal opinion there that the Royal Family would be entitled to reclaim an enormous amount of property they ceded under the agreement that gave them limited taxpayer support. From what I've read the current agreement is VERY in favor of the UK government/citizens. The Royal Family would reap an enormous windfall if what you just advocated should come to pass.
So 17'in what? Why should we give a rats arse about what "the Royal family is entitled to reclaim" ? Their "constitutional legal opinion" is what led to why we now live in the US of 17'in A instead of under the thumb of some pale limp wristed narcistic over entitled "king"

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
So 17'in what? Why should we give a rats arse about what "the Royal family is entitled to reclaim" ? Their "constitutional legal opinion" is what led to why we now live in the US of 17'in A instead of under the thumb of some pale limp wristed narcistic over entitled "king"
Oh, never mind. lol.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
In 1492 Columbus sailed the ocean blue and all that good s#i+. There were natives here before that. How far back you wanna go, dumb a$$? The Boston Tea Party was the turning point when we started to actually become a country. That was the point of no return and the collision course towards destiny was set. We whooped England’s a$$ and then did it again in 1812. We’ve been the greatest country on earth ever since.
So the Boston Massacre doesn't count does it? What about the local contribution to the French and Indian War? That's where Washington, and quite a few others, cut their military teeth. I guess that doesn't matter. Oh, and we wouldn't have won the Revolution without the French. And we wouldn't have won 1812 if the Brits hadn't been preoccupied with a guy named Napoleon. That is absolute FACT. We are certainly the greatest country on earth since then. Now if the Brits had caved to Hitler in 1940, things would have been a LOT different. They saved the WORLD then by not losing. The Russians wouldn't have survived to kill enough Nazis to win that war had the Brits caved, and thereby insuring that we wouldn't have been involved. History is fascinating, and there are no artificial cut off dates, sorry.

Reactions: patdog

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
So the Boston Massacre doesn't count does it? What about the local contribution to the French and Indian War? That's where Washington, and quite a few others, cut their military teeth. I guess that doesn't matter. Oh, and we wouldn't have won the Revolution without the French. And we wouldn't have won 1812 if the Brits hadn't been preoccupied with a guy named Napoleon. That is absolute FACT. We are certainly the greatest country on earth since then. Now if the Brits had caved to Hitler in 1940, things would have been a LOT different. They saved the WORLD then by not losing. The Russians wouldn't have survived to kill enough Nazis to win that war had the Brits caved, and thereby insuring that we wouldn't have been involved. History is fascinating, and there are no artificial cut off dates, sorry.
THE battle that insured our independence: The Battle of the Chesapeake. There was not one American involved. It was one of the VERY few times the French Navy didn't lose to the Royal Navy. The Comte de Grasse is an American hero that nearly all Americans have never even heard of.

Last edited:

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Just for fun: I had a direct male line ancestor who was in the 4th Pennsylvania of the Continental Line. He was in the New York Campaign. He was at Brandywine, Germantown, and Monmouth. He was at Valley Forge. His regiment served after that on the frontier against the Iroquois. I'm not trying to denigrate the contributions of our Patriot Heros. I'm just pointing out that nothing in international politics and war exists in a vacuum. As a rule Revolutionaries are not successful without outside help. Ours were no exception.

Last edited:

40mikemike

Sep 29, 2022
Just for fun: I had a direct male line ancestor who was in the 4th Pennsylvania of the Continental Line. He was in the New York Campaign. He was at Brandywine, Germantown, and Monmouth. He was at Valley Forge. His regiment served after that on the frontier against the Iroquois. I'm not trying to denigrate the contributions of our Patriot Heros. I'm just pointing out that nothing in international politics and war exists in a vacuum. As a rule Revolutionaries are not successful without outside help. Ours were no exception.
Do you feel better? Good. 12/16/1773. That’s the beginning of American history. The end.

leeinator

Feb 24, 2014
The U.S. is the largest consumer nation on planet earth. This leverage can be used to force unfriendly actors to behave accordingly. Trouble is Mr. Biden won't use it because Hunter & Co. are in bed with most of them. However, the next President will.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
The U.S. is the largest consumer nation on planet earth. This leverage can be used to force unfriendly actors to behave accordingly. Trouble is Mr. Biden won't use it because Hunter & Co. are in bed with most of them. However, the next President will.
That has never worked with unfriendly nations. Not under any President. The opposite is usually true.

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
That has never worked with unfriendly nations. Not under any President. The opposite is usually true.
The only thing Hunter is in bed with these days are hookers. ETA: meant to reply to this:

"The U.S. is the largest consumer nation on planet earth. This leverage can be used to force unfriendly actors to behave accordingly. Trouble is Mr. Biden won't use it because Hunter & Co. are in bed with most of them. However, the next President will."