OT: Brian Wilson in Conservatorship

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
Fix your subject line. That's the worst typo ever.

MtNittany

Oct 12, 2021
Brian has dementia and needs assistance. Sad to see this musical genius near the end of his time.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/article/2024/may/09/beach-boys-brian-wilson-conservatorship
Sad. Following the path of his pal GC.

Brian used to go - uninvited sometimes - and watch Spector sessions with the "clique" (now known as the Wrecking Crew). It was then that he realized he really could match the Beatles. He knew that selling records was now in the studio, and not on the road.

He is one (like Glen) that I would have really liked to meet.

Connorpozlee

Oct 29, 2021
I can’t think of a single viable reason for anyone to not own a copy of Pet Sounds.
I’ve tried it probably five times in life. Can’t stand it. Maybe I’ll try again this weekend.
Edit: Listened to half of it again. Still grating to me. I just don’t get it.

Last edited:

manatree

Oct 6, 2021
While it’s one of his later songs, it’s one of my favorites. Midnight’s Another Day from his 2008 album That Lucky Old Sun. The way the album was mixed, the preceding track, Can’t Wait Too Long, goes straight into Midnight’s…, which blends into a reprise of That Lucky Old Sun. This clip has all three in succession.

Last edited:

ApexLion

Nov 1, 2021
There’s music created that defy explanation.

Pet Sounds and Astral Weeks in retrospect are two albums coming out of nowhere. Wilson and Morrison had not done work of that caliber before or after those albums. It’s eerie when you look at the historical context. Both are superior to Sgt. Peppers imho.

marshall23

Oct 7, 2021
Dennis packed 3 life times into 38 years Carl was the only brother that held things together. He had a voice that belongs in heaven.

Reactions: LionJim

Alphabets

Oct 12, 2021
My hero. My favorite band. I even have a vanity plate, lol. My wife and I can never get enough and the kids also join along in our BB obsession! Looking forward to listening on the patio.....All Summer Long!!! ;)

Reactions: LionJim