OT: Erin Go Bragh Weekend Jukebox

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
That place will be packed tonight. I'm staying away from Fells Point this weekend.
when I first rolled into Fells Point, circa 1977 the place was crawling with Greek 'Discos' playing music I had never heard before after wandering thru them for a while, I finally found he Horse! That was better for me. One look at the bikes out front of Ledbetter's I knew better than go in there.

bbrown

Nov 1, 2021
when I first rolled into Fells Point, circa 1977 the place was crawling with Greek 'Discos' playing music I had never heard before after wandering thru them for a while, I finally found he Horse! That was better for me. One look at the bikes out front of Ledbetter's I knew better than go in there.
I didn't move to Bmore until '89. There was a dive bar that I liked going to called Max's, its since turned into Max's on Broadway and enlarged and lost all its "dive" charm. But back then it was dark and moody and had some good local Alternative bands and some pretty good national acts. I saw Peter Murphy there and Robyn Hitchcock was a regular. I think at that time Hitchcock either lived in Annapolis or DC. Fun times.

Reactions: laKavosiey-st lion

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
I didn't move to Bmore until '89. There was a dive bar that I liked going to called Max's, its since turned into Max's on Broadway and enlarged and lost all its "dive" charm. But back then it was dark and moody and had some good local Alternative bands and some pretty good national acts. I saw Peter Murphy there and Robyn Hitchcock was a regular. I think at that time Hitchcock either lived in Annapolis or DC. Fun times.
if you thought Fells Point was dark and moody in 1989 you should have seen it in 1977!!! Back then the Horse was the class place of the block!! Joe Ehrman of the Colts had a place there for a while. There was a place on Broadway that was a real dive bar, though it wasnt a strip joint they had like a 250# girl strutting on the bar in a thong 'dancing' to , push, push in the bush!!
The place across the street though, had the best breakfast in town!! it was awesome, especially after a Saturday night there.
There was a place near the water called 'the End'? we use to frequent as well as John Stevens before it got up graded. The stuff they steamed on the bar (shrimp , mussels etc ) was awesome as well.

Reactions: bbrown

psuro

Oct 12, 2021
if you thought Fells Point was dark and moody in 1989 you should have seen it in 1977!!! Back then the Horse was the class place of the block!! Joe Ehrman of the Colts had a place there for a while. There was a place on Broadway that was a real dive bar, though it wasnt a strip joint they had like a 250# girl strutting on the bar in a thong 'dancing' to , push, push in the bush!!
The place across the street though, had the best breakfast in town!! it was awesome, especially after a Saturday night there.
There was a place near the water called 'the End'? we use to frequent as well as John Stevens before it got up graded. The stuff they steamed on the bar (shrimp , mussels etc ) was awesome as well.
I remember The Block in B'More circa 1988.

• Love
Reactions: laKavosiey-st lion

laKavosiey-st lion

Oct 30, 2021
Harry moms and me saw the ramones under some overpass in b more. Some frat bros opened their door in Harry’s new fox body cobra, he broke out a blade and keyed the f out of that civic. Good times

Connorpozlee

Oct 29, 2021
Probably Hammerjacks.
I went to Hammerjacks in ‘94 or ‘95 when I was at Lock Haven. I put the hammered in Hammerjack’s that night. Saw Rancid (phenomenal) open for Offspring (good as well). Got my *** kicked in a mosh pit I never wanted to be in. Left that night with a blood soaked shirt and wasn’t let into a late night eatery because of it. Good times!!!

ODShowtime

Nov 1, 2021
I went to Hammerjacks in ‘94 or ‘95 when I was at Lock Haven. I put the hammered in Hammerjack’s that night. Saw Rancid (phenomenal) open for Offspring (good as well). Got my *** kicked in a mosh pit I never wanted to be in. Left that night with a blood soaked shirt and wasn’t let into a late night eatery because of it. Good times!!!

That's weird that anyone in Baltimore would care if you showed up all bloody.

There's a place in Baltimore with a bunch of bars... O'Donnell Square. Nice name. I went there with my older cousin a few days after turning 21. I remember some drunk older gal getting up on the bar and taking off her shirt and showing off her tatas. It was wild. I was like "cool this is how it's gonna be, bars are awesome!" I swear that's never happened again since. One time at PSU on St Patty's I got some views for some beads but that's it.

Disappointing over two decades later.

MtNittany

Oct 12, 2021
Ryman full video 1.5 hours. Never seen this complete video before. All the legends. This is the show that the GC Gentle On My Mind youtube video is from.

Reactions: maypole

Nitt1300

Oct 12, 2021
great Irish guitarists:

Reactions: rudedude