OT: How bout them Guardians!!

bobe

Nov 8, 2021
Turning past (poor) starts into a rousing inferno....red hot. On a roll. Instead of falling way behind early on, they are leading the pack in the ALC. Not bad with a new coach and a team with no power and having lost many of their top pitchers. I'll take the early lead over the traditional holes the have to climb out of to catch up with the pack. So if they can continue their usual second excellent halfs, it could be fun in a city that badly needs it.

George50

Oct 31, 2021
I’ve been a Cleveland baseball fan for 70 years…as was my father before me. To last this long, it is necessary to temper one’s hopes. I always expect the worst to happen and if it doesn’t, I am pleasantly surprised. They have already lost two excellent starting pitchers…and, as you say say, the offense is anemi…But !!!!

bobe

Nov 8, 2021
This could be the year you dont have to temper! :)

After we lost a great manager, thought this year was very iffy. So I definitely tempered my expectations. Hard to imagine the batting avges hold up as the season wears on, but the young blood seems to be doing well enough to indicate we just might be onto something.

My daughter applied to work as an intern with the Tribe front office when she was at college. Didnt get in with the Big League team but made it with the Akron Aeros. Had a great summer ( which was the good news.) The bad news was the job didnt pay a penny. But she loved rubbing elbows with the guys who came through en route to the Bigs.
At the time she was thinking about majoring in Sports Psychology but switched to Social Pysch and went on to find gainful employment.

We went out to a game on the 4th of July. That very day Hafner got beaned and never was the same, and upon returning home to Twinsburg we found out her dog died! It was also like 96F at the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: towsonnit

belizediver

Oct 21, 2021
Turning past (poor) starts into a rousing inferno....red hot. On a roll. Instead of falling way behind early on, they are leading the pack in the ALC. Not bad with a new coach and a team with no power and having lost many of their top pitchers. I'll take the early lead over the traditional holes the have to climb out of to catch up with the pack. So if they can continue their usual second excellent halfs, it could be fun in a city that badly needs it.
Haven’t been to a game yet, but finally going May 6 and May 8.

Reactions: bobe

Lionlen

Oct 30, 2021
Go Tribe

Reactions: towsonnit

bobe

Nov 8, 2021
Haven’t been to a game yet, but finally going May 6 and May 8.
April BB (in the Midwest) is for the hardiest of fans. :) Remember taking a dip in Lake Michigan in early July......as soon as I hit the water my whole body locked up!

• Haha
Reactions: belizediver

towsonnit

Sep 8, 2022
I am loving it. So is my 97 year-old grandmother-in-law, who watches every single game.

The realist in me doesn’t think this staff can hold it together until August, especially already being without Bieber. But the difference offensively this year versus last is night and day. I did not see them scoring runs the way they have before the season.

Reactions: bobe

Sloepoke20

Sep 23, 2022
1713722027493.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Tom McAndrew

MtNittany

Oct 12, 2021
Even as a Marlins fan in 97, I sort of felt bad for the Tribe. Not for long though. Speaking of droughts the FL Panthers might end one this year. Hope so.

retsio

Oct 13, 2021
Cleveland - been there and done that. Isn't that city 'the mistake on the lake'? Wonderful restaurant in Parma, though.

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
Cleveland - been there and done that. Isn't that city 'the mistake on the lake'? Wonderful restaurant in Parma, though.
I love visiting Cleveland, great city. World-class zoo, great science museum, great art museum, very cool “Broadway.” Give it a chance.

Reactions: Zenophile

EPC FAN

Oct 7, 2021
I love visiting Cleveland, great city. World-class zoo, great science museum, great art museum, very cool “Broadway.” Give it a chance.
Not to mention world class medicine at The Cleveland Clinic.

Latest posts