OT - Jordan Hankins

torque-cat

Redshirt
Dec 11, 2018
1,234
0
0
Lawsuit against sorority claims hazing triggered PTSD, led to suicide.

https://start.att.net/news/read/art...thwestern_students_suici-cnn2/category/sports

Wow, that is an unexpected turn. I didn't know this sorority but among my friends in sororities in the 90s, there was no hazing to speak of--I used to joke that they basically held candles and sang kumbaya--which is not far from the reality. Even the frats I knew about barely hazed beyond some heavy drinking and some sleepless nights--so basically just college stuff.
 

mikewebb68

Senior
Oct 24, 2009
9,814
504
113
Wow, that is an unexpected turn. I didn't know this sorority but among my friends in sororities in the 90s, there was no hazing to speak of--I used to joke that they basically held candles and sang kumbaya--which is not far from the reality. Even the frats I knew about barely hazed beyond some heavy drinking and some sleepless nights--so basically just college stuff.
This has been known for awhile, NU shut down this sorority in 2017 because of it.
 
Wildcat Report

Latest

  1. 01 Wildcat Report Northwestern vs. Penn State PFF Snap Counts Analysis
  2. 02 Wildcat Report Takeaways: Northwestern couldn't dream of a better win over Penn State
  3. 03 On3 Football Northwestern's new era: Inside the first game at New Ryan Field
  4. 04 Wildcat Report Northwestern opens Ryan Field by running over Penn State, 34-13
  5. 05 Wildcat Report What the new Ryan Field means to Northwestern