OT: Northern Lights

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
85,648
69,225
113
I'm over the moon that I got to see them this evening. I knew they were a possibility this evening, but previous possible viewings in my area had been overcast, or they hadn't appeared. Plus, I had something to attend till after 9. When I got done with that, I saw texts from my wife that she had seen them from our neighborhood. That's wild, as we had discussed taking a trip to Norway, or some other place, to see them, as they were on our bucket list. I was fearful that such a trip would be about as successful as my trip to see the total eclipse this past April, when it ended up being totally overcast where I was until just after totality.

IMG_3701.jpg


IMG_9686.jpg
 
Last edited:

rudedude

Heisman
Sep 28, 2002
9,038
17,686
113
Serious question.
Are you seeing them with the naked eye?
Here in NW Ohio, we can’t. But, when we open our phone camera, we can.
We take a picture and enjoy them this way.
Naked eye initially and then Using the phone. Started just after sunset to be able to be seen with just your eyes.
 
  • Like
Reactions: OhioLion

TiogaLion

All-Conference
Oct 31, 2021
1,648
2,546
113
The free ones I use are GoSkywatch and Skyview Lite. I also use PhotoPils but that you pay for. Of the free ones I like GoSkywatch
Yep, Skyview Lite is what I use as well. I forgot the "Lite" above.
 
BWI

Latest

  1. 01 BWI Football Penn State-Northwestern Predictions: Will the Lions bounce back?
  2. 02 BWI Recruiting Penn State CB target Kia Jones Jr. turning heads this fall: ‘He could play in the NFL one day’
  3. 03 BWI Football Penn State-Northwestern matchups: Who will have the edge on Friday at the new Ryan Field?
  4. 04 On3 Football Inside college football’s looming contract fight: Why player buyouts are about to take center stage
  5. 05 BWI Which Penn State 2027 Commits Have Improved The Most? | Northwestern Preview