OT: On one of the ESPN shows this morning, Paul Finebaum said the Pac-12 was dead after the losses of Oregon and Utah this past weekend. ***

BigJC

Aug 5, 2022
Those games went exactly as I expected. Well, I didn't think UGA would destroy Oregon like they did. It really does look like Kirby has built a death star in Athens.

Every year a couple highly touted teams from the West play legit SEC teams and every year the SEC teams destroy them. The Pac 12 is no more dead than it was 10 years ago. College football simply isn't important to people out there.

Reactions: Tngamecock

Yard_Pimps

Jul 11, 2022
Those games went exactly as I expected. Well, I didn't think UGA would destroy Oregon like they did. It really does look like Kirby has built a death star in Athens.

Every year a couple highly touted teams from the West play legit SEC teams and every year the SEC teams destroy them. The Pac 12 is no more dead than it was 10 years ago. College football simply isn't important to people out there.
You were surprised buy the Oregon result? I have known for a long time that west coast football canā€™t contend with the big nasties the south is putting on the line. Nor do they have the depth like Georgia.

Game...Cocks

Joined Apr 17, 2019
Feb 5, 2022

Everybody loves college football. Washington won the championship in the early 90s.

It's just that the SEC powers really are that good and have been for so long now since Spurrier started at UF.

Oregon had a chance to change the game in the MNC game vs. Auburn about 10 years ago. But their QB got hurt and they lost.

Outside of FSU and Clem, nobody else has come close to the SEC. But everybody loves college football.

vacock

Joined Oct 26, 1998 ā€¢ Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 20, 2022
Not everyone loves college football. Students who came from other countries and cultures may not care. A lot of schools have more women students who donā€™t care. Grad Students going for advance degrees may not have time.

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
Not everyone loves college football. Students who came from other countries and cultures may not care. A lot of schools have more women students who donā€™t care. Grad Students going for advance degrees may not have time.
Enough people love it to make it worth billions of dollars, so there must be some substantive affection someplace. Nothing or no one is "loved" by everyone.

Uscg1984

Jan 28, 2022
Maybe the more accurate statement is that most people love college football, but the Southeast has more people who are obsessed with it than anywhere else in the country. There are college football fans everywhere. There are even some college football-obsessed fans everywhere. But nowhere else has the volume of college football-obsessed fans that the south has. To borrow a tag line, It Just Means More in the South.

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
Maybe the more accurate statement is that most people love college football, but the Southeast has more people who are obsessed with it than anywhere else in the country. There are college football fans everywhere. There are even some college football-obsessed fans everywhere. But nowhere else has the volume of college football-obsessed fans that the south has. To borrow a tag line, It Just Means More in the South.
Well put. Professional football was late getting down here, and other than in Florida, it's still kind of dispersed. College football benefits from that.