OT some of you might like this. Saturday 130 Meade at Gettysburg

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
1669761406367.png
at Gettysburg National Park

While researching material for Retreat from Gettysburg: Lee, Logistics, and the Pennsylvania Campaign, historian Kent Masterson Brown uncovered a wealth of information about how General Robert E. Lee supplied his army with both quartermaster and subsistence stores before, during, and after the Battle of Gettysburg. That information became critical to understanding the retreat of the Army of Northern Virginia from Gettysburg back to Virginia. Likewise, significant information was about how Lee’s army cared for its sick and wounded not seen before. Taking that information, he then focused on how General George G. Meade’s Army of the Potomac was supplied, if at all, before, during, and after the Battle of Gettysburg, and how that army cared for its sick and wounded, if at all, in his new book, Meade at Gettysburg: A Study in Command. This free program will highlight the startling results.

This program will begin at 1:30 pm on Saturday, December 3 at the Gettysburg National Military Park Museum and Visitor Center. Attendance is free and on a first come, first serve basis. A book signing will take place following the lecture. For more information visit: www.nps.gov/gett

Reactions: BobPSU92 and MacNit

razpsu

Oct 19, 2021
Whoever goes let me know how it goes. Anyone read the book? May need to get it when I get my hip replaced next couple of weeks

Reactions: s1uggo72

Tirefish

Oct 25, 2021
Whoever goes let me know how it goes. Anyone read the book? May need to get it when I get my hip replaced next couple of weeks
I read the book several months ago. Very well researched and written and worth having in your library. A different interpretation on Meade's strategy and intentions.

Reactions: BobPSU92

PSU87

Oct 12, 2021
On a separate note, we were going to visit Gettysburg on our PA Christmas trip this year. However I've learned Little Round Top is closed for 18 months.

While there are plenty of other spots to tour, Little Round Top is the highlight of the trip.

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
On a separate note, we were going to visit Gettysburg on our PA Christmas trip this year. However I've learned Little Round Top is closed for 18 months.

While there are plenty of other spots to tour, Little Round Top is the highlight of the trip.
I retrieved a diet Coke from Little round Top about 130 am one night in the spring of '73. Our pledge trainer left it out there, had to go clean up after him!! LOL. it was dark out there.

Reactions: PSU87