OT: Sorry if Germans. On brand or one off?

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
Link doesn't work, but on brand.

And looking at their message board, they are very concerned about it:
Screenshot 2024-05-06 at 2.24.13 PM.png

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Link doesn't work, but on brand.

And looking at their message board, they are very concerned about it:
View attachment 571526
So was it confirmed he really making monkey noises at her? The little video I saw it wasn't clear what he was doing. Definitely looked like it could have been, but could have just been general taunting.

If he was making monkey noises, where the hell do you even find 20 year olds that still jumps to that stereotype?

Reactions: Darryl Steight

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
As I said, police your protests. Kicked out of the frat immediately by the national office and he'll be gone from Ole Miss likely at the end of the semester. This is what happens today when someone behaves that way, especially in the South.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
As I said, police your protests. Kicked out of the frat immediately by the national office and he'll be gone from Ole Miss likely at the end of the semester. This is what happens today when someone behaves that way, especially in the South.
An overreaction imo. Have him apologize, a suspension, and community service.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Maybe so but it's not about what should happen. It's about what happens and when it does no one should be surprised. It will be interesting to see if any prominent Republicans come out publicly and say the frat and Ole Miss overreacted.

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

Crazy Cotton

Aug 26, 2012
So was it confirmed he really making monkey noises at her? The little video I saw it wasn't clear what he was doing. Definitely looked like it could have been, but could have just been general taunting.

If he was making monkey noises, where the hell do you even find 20 year olds that still jumps to that stereotype?
you find them at ole miss. It's a damn recruiting tool for that school.

Reactions: Bobby Ricigliano

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Maybe so but it's not about what should happen. It's about what happens and when it does no one should be surprised. It will be interesting to see if any prominent Republicans come out publicly and say the frat and Ole Miss overreacted.
Seems a bit excessive. Just get a public apology and move on.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Kid needs to apologize. If he truly does that there is no need to ruin his life.
I agree. But that requires pushback from prominent people to say enough is enough and to accept an apology and move on. Not sure that will happen. Or quietly Tell Ole Miss NIL and other donations aren't gonna happen.

Last edited:

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
This could have as easily happened at MSU or any other SEC school (sans Vandy). I doubt this will hurt OM's out of state attendance any, if may actually help it.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012

Proactive university marketing?***

msstatelp1

Aug 21, 2012
FWIW the guy was from Texas but still proudly carrying on that Ole Miss tradition.

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
But somehow these things happen at Mississippi more often. A lot more often.
I grew up in NY. Those things happened all the time in my area. Now we didn't have some of the more heinous things like Jim Crow laws and lynchings, but racial taunting and strife was the same. I grew up in an incorporated village of Floral Park and there was not a single black family in that town when I was there from 1960 through 1978. There were no laws, but somehow there was an "understanding" of who could buy a house there. There was an area bordering Floral Park, called South Floral Park, where there were black families but the school district was drawn where they could not attend the High School I went to even though it was just blocks away.

So bad racial behavior is no more prevalent in Mississippi than it is anywhere else today.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I grew up in NY. Those things happened all the time in my area. Now we didn't have some of the more heinous things like Jim Crow laws and lynchings, but racial taunting and strife was the same. I grew up in an incorporated village of Floral Park and there was not a single black family in that town when I was there from 1960 through 1978. There were no laws, but somehow there was an "understanding" of who could buy a house there. There was an area bordering Floral Park, called South Floral Park, where there were black families but the school district was drawn where they could not attend the High School I went to even though it was just blocks away.

So bad racial behavior is no more prevalent in Mississippi than it is anywhere else today.
Agree. I was just saying those people tend to gravitate to UM more than most other universities, at least in the Southeast.

Reactions: Darryl Steight