OT: Top Movie Soundtrack Songs which were a key part of the movie

Uscg1984

Jan 28, 2022
I'd go with Star Wars.
Star wars was certainly recognizable. It was recognizable in the same way that the Superman theme and Indiana Jones themes were recognizable. But Jaws had a completely different sound; the sound that became the "theme song" for sharks in every backyard pool party and day on the lake for at least a decade. The two-note beat of "Dah-Dah" alerted every kid in the pool for the rest of the 70s and 80s that a predator was on the loose, about to overturn their raft or floating seat.

USCBatgirl21

Joined Sep 5, 2006
Jan 31, 2022
Star wars was certainly recognizable. It was recognizable in the same way that the Superman theme and Indiana Jones themes were recognizable. But Jaws had a completely different sound; the sound that became the "theme song" for sharks in every backyard pool party and day on the lake for at least a decade. The two-note beat of "Dah-Dah" alerted every kid in the pool for the rest of the 70s and 80s that a predator was on the loose, about to overturn their raft or floating seat.
I get that. But I'd argue Star Wars is more recognizable over time. I think today, 46 years later, more people worldwide recognize Star Wars than Jaws, and more associate Star Wars with John Williams than they do Jaws.

bayrooster

Jan 21, 2022
I get that. But I'd argue Star Wars is more recognizable over time. I think today, 46 years later, more people worldwide recognize Star Wars than Jaws, and more associate Star Wars with John Williams than they do Jaws.
The "Imperial March" is cooler in my opinion. What Sith wouldn't want to be introduced with that theme?

Harvard Gamecock

Jan 20, 2022
What really made the Jaws theme stand out, is that those 2 notes were integral to the intensity of the scenes that is was featured. Star Wars theme song is undoubtedly recognizable ,but one could argue since it was played only during the opening story line, is it truly a key part of the movie. I can see an argument made to either side.
Now Darth Vaders Imperial March is definitely a key part of the move.