OT: Weekend Jukebox, Wake TF Up Edition!

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
How many Toms out of 5?

4.5. I've been a Neil Young fan for decades, and for a variety of reasons I never saw him live with Crazy Horse. They're all getting up there (I think Neil and the bassist are 78, the drummer was 80; the other guitarist retired so Willie Nelson's son is filling his slot), so I'm not sure how many more chances I would have gotten to see him. Plus, unlike the last couple of times he's toured with Crazy Horse, he actually did many of his past hits.

The only things keeping it from a 5 are: 1) Neil's voice still sounds like him, but it's losing some of its strength, 2) it was an outdoor concert, and pretty cold, and 3) my brother wasn't willing to spend as much as me on tix, so I ended up sitting a good distance from the stage

laKavosiey-st lion

Oct 30, 2021
4.5. I've been a Neil Young fan for decades, and for a variety of reasons I never saw him live with Crazy Horse. They're all getting up there (I think Neil and the bassist are 78, the drummer was 80; the other guitarist retired so Willie Nelson's son is filling his slot), so I'm not sure how many more chances I would have gotten to see him. Plus, unlike the last couple of times he's toured with Crazy Horse, he actually did many of his past hits.

The only things keeping it from a 5 are: 1) Neil's voice still sounds like him, but it's losing some of its strength, 2) it was an outdoor concert, and pretty cold, and 3) my brother wasn't willing to spend as much as me on tix, so I ended up sitting a good distance from the stage

rudedude

Oct 6, 2021
Saw Neil & The Horse several times. One time he did the Greendale stage musical with Horse encore (original Horse) and then in Philly with the Rust Never Sleeps stage set up. He played for 3.5 hours and did a 20 minute rage on Like a Hurricane. Patti Smith was the opener and she rocked.

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021

'Early Daze' - A historic collection of early recordings from 1969.
This new collection of Neil Young & Crazy Horses' earliest recordings have not been released on LP before! Available on limited edition Clear Vinyl, Black Vinyl, CD and Digital on June 28th.

Pre-Order now at https://neilyoung.warnerrecords.com/

Reactions: Tom McAndrew

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Today, 5/17, was the birthday of the late, great, Pervis Jackson. He was an original member of The Spinners, and their spokesman, until he passed away in 2008. He was the distinctive bass voice in the group. To celebrate, one of their hits:

Reactions: Woodpecker

haveyoumethoward

Nov 16, 2021
This song has nothing to do with the theme, I just always liked it since it came out. Cracked me up when the FBI and FCC investigated the lyrics! Actually, they talk about that on this take. Also, the group that sang Alley Oop considered suing them over the second song Anie Fannie!

yeahtoasty

Oct 12, 2021
Finally some new Decemberists music coming out in June...kind of has a Squirrel Nut Zipper vibe to it.

We saw them a couple of weeks ago in Pittsburgh. They did this one as well as Burial Ground (late 60's-early 70's pop vibe) and Joan in the Garden (prog I guess? Kind of Pink Floyd-y) from the new album.

Reactions: bbrown

PSU87

Oct 12, 2021

i think @Grant Green and perhaps @PSU87 are both guitar players. I would like their response to this…. I really enjoyed it.

Thanks for posting, I enjoyed it very much as well.

And, thanks for the shoutout, but mentioning me in the same sentence as GrantGreen probably does him a disservice....I am a strummer trying to support a singing habit.

psuro

Oct 12, 2021
Thanks for posting, I enjoyed it very much as well.

And, thanks for the shoutout, but mentioning me in the same sentence as GrantGreen probably does him a disservice....I am a strummer trying to support a singing habit.
Season 2 Reaction GIF by Law & Order

• Haha
Reactions: PSU87