Our Field Looks Like Crap

asusc83

Feb 4, 2022
The grounds crew may not have cut the field because they just overseeded the bermuda with rye grass seed...that's why the field looks a little shaggy.

Cocky99

Jan 27, 2022
Tanner and Beamer need a raise and a contract extension. And only then with some patience the team will drastically improveā€¦.

Last edited:

Dod Rangerfield

Jan 30, 2022
And how does that happen? How do you regress so much over that time? Complete mismanagement.

Spurman54

Joined Apr 19, 2003
Jan 20, 2022
I work in landscaping and lawncare with professionals. Everyone I have talked to told me that USC has one of the best playing fields in the country by far. That is one reason why schools go after our people who work on the playing fields at USC. Several have been hired by MLB and professional soccer teams. I put my trust in people who know what they are talking about.

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
I was at the game, and it looked fine to me. Must have been the terrible ESPN broadcast.
It was a good HDTV feed featuring shots from close in. The field looked splotchy. The people didn't look splotchy so I surmise it had something to do with the field. The overseed hypothesis is at least plausible.

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
I work in landscaping and lawncare with professionals. Everyone I have talked to told me that USC has one of the best playing fields in the country by far. That is one reason why schools go after our people who work on the playing fields at USC. Several have been hired by MLB and professional soccer teams. I put my trust in people who know what they are talking about.
The field looked splotchy. I didn't say the grass was brown or appeared to be dying.

Spurman54

Joined Apr 19, 2003
Jan 20, 2022
ESPN had all kinds of problems with the game. They even admitted that their cameras and videos were experiencing a lot of problems. That is the issue you may be referring to.

suncock

Joined Apr 23, 2003
Jan 25, 2022
It was a good HDTV feed featuring shots from close in. The field looked splotchy. The people didn't look splotchy so I surmise it had something to do with the field. The overseed hypothesis is at least plausible.
Well, I do sit about 30 rows up, so you were likely getting a closer view than me! šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Thunderstick

Jan 21, 2022
It indeed looked splotchy on my high-end LG OLED TV. (impressed?)

Reactions: KingWard

JRS9572

Joined Jul 16, 2006 ā€¢ Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 27, 2022
I can tell you the grounds folks work like crazy and take a ton of pride in keeping that field in great shape.
Give this guy a follow on Twitter. He posts a lot of the work done to there and Founders Park.
I know theyā€™re in a time of season where they overseed with rye grass to give it color when the Bermuda goes dormant. Maybe they had already started that prep.