Parking

rcube1994

All-Conference
Feb 3, 2004
962
1,402
93
I was at the corner of ethel and sutton at 620 and walked in at 7. Have a green pass and ended parking along the curb. Yellow was using a gravel lot i never saw before.
 
  • Like
Reactions: zebnatto

RUDave_01

All-Conference
Dec 8, 2002
1,765
2,058
113
I was on campus around 6:20 and walked in a couple of minutes after tipoff. I have a yellow pass but was sent around to the road across from the student center except. I had never driven down it, but it wound around to a muddy field where we sent to park along with hundreds of other cars. This is the worst imaginable solution to the parking problem.
 

Plum Street

Heisman
Jun 21, 2009
27,306
23,010
0
I was on campus around 6:20 and walked in a couple of minutes after tipoff. I have a yellow pass but was sent around to the road across from the student center except. I had never driven down it, but it wound around to a muddy field where we sent to park along with hundreds of other cars. This is the worst imaginable solution to the parking problem.

That’s not good . Were cars getting stuck ?
 

RU848789

Heisman
Jul 27, 2001
65,439
44,456
113
Where do you park?
Lot 105, but I have faculty passes, although I have friends that park there and they rarely ticket on game nights. There are other lots out there that I believe are free (Livingston Gym or certainly street parking off Suttons Lane) and not a crazy walk that would involve no waiting.
 

RUDave_01

All-Conference
Dec 8, 2002
1,765
2,058
113
That’s not good . Were cars getting stuck ?

Thankfully not. The "lot" was part gravel and part murkiness. The Mickey Mouse nature of the parking situation is baffling to me.

If you're going to sell me a yellow lot pass before the season, let me park in the damn yellow lot.
 

ClassOf02v.2

Heisman
Sep 30, 2010
13,953
15,549
103
I ended up in the gravel yellow overflow lot and there were still a TON of spots in normal paved yellow. It’s an unorganized mess.
 

bac2therac

Hall of Famer
Jul 30, 2001
251,366
180,632
113
they need to move students out of the lots by 5PM on gameday...its only made a few times a year given that we have weekend games where it wont matter and games in December which probably wont have issues, also midway through January they are on break
 

SleepingGiantIsAwake

All-Conference
Jul 24, 2001
4,658
1,597
113
Just keeps getting better!

Honestly, whoever is “in charge” ....the accountable person.....needs to be fired or at the very least be very transparent with the new plan for next year that is reviewed for feedback by a set of selected fans.

If plan not good, should throw the papers back in his/her face and berate them in public !!! (-:
 
Last edited:

Mr_Twister

All-American
Apr 1, 2004
15,684
5,819
0
Valet parking will be offered as a parking option next year to season ticket buyers, I’m guessing. Another revenue stream.
 

wheezer

Heisman
Jun 3, 2001
169,958
25,699
113
Coming from up north, I start with the bumper to bumper traffic on either the turnpike or the parkway...... my best bet is leaving at 4:00, getting to the lot near 5:30, and eating at Henry's. Unfortunately there are times I cannot leave my house till 5:00, which throws everything off, and I can't eat at the diner, hit worse traffic etc

When I got there at 5:30 yesterday the green lot looked like it was near l 1/2
Filled in already
 

wheezer

Heisman
Jun 3, 2001
169,958
25,699
113
Valet parking will be offered as a parking option next year to season ticket buyers, I’m guessing. Another revenue stream.

At first thought, not so bad, but leaving would truly be a pain in the ***
 

Local Shill

All-American
Aug 30, 2001
21,535
7,354
113
If you're getting into Livingston less than 40 minutes before the game, you need to come in the "back way" or not park in one of the RAC lots. You have to take matters into your own hands since Rutgers has proven time and time again they don't know what they're doing with this stuff. It's really that simple.
 

Mr_Twister

All-American
Apr 1, 2004
15,684
5,819
0
Hopefully the mess that parking is is not a product of the Rutgers School of Engineering. I’m guessing the Fraternity Council.
 
The Knight Report

Latest

  1. 01 The Knight Report Rutgers Football HC Greg Schiano talks Indiana game week
  2. 02 The Knight Report How former Rutgers Football players performed in the NFL's Week Three
  3. 03 The Knight Report Football College Football 27 Sim - Rutgers Football versus Indiana Hoosiers
  4. 04 On3 Football Senate passes Protect College Sports Act, sends bill to House
  5. 05 The Knight Report Football Everything Curt Cignetti said ahead of the Indiana / Rutgers game