Penn State - Edinboro dual thread

BriantheLion

Nov 27, 2023
Nolf won his first 2 matches that year at Big Tens. He forfeited the 3rd match and consolations.
Do I remember correctly that when Nick Suriano was on our team as a freshman, and hurt an ankle vs Oklahoma State, that he took a two second forfeit in BIG tournament to be eligible for NCAA, but then was not well enough recovered to go.

Reactions: timphil11

SRATH

Oct 30, 2021
Do I remember correctly that when Nick Suriano was on our team as a freshman, and hurt an ankle vs Oklahoma State, that he took a two second forfeit in BIG tournament to be eligible for NCAA, but then was not well enough recovered to go.
Correct. We took some rightful heat for it too.

On a lighter note, Dawson and I hit the Clarion River Brewing Company on the way home. Good sandwiches, friendly staff and a Winter Hearth Porter which was really tasty. This is a year round porter in my book. The weather was great so it was not a big deal to make the trip a little longer. If you are in that corner of Penn's Woods, check it out.

Reactions: Tryingtodoitright

watoos

Oct 31, 2021
What I think if Cstar wrestles;

He gets a bye at B1Gs which puts him in the quarters. Not an official B1G seeding but Roar's prediction has Andrew Sparks - Mn. 3-3 seeded 8th, and wouldn't you know Donnell Washington, Ind. 3-3 seeded 9th. If Roar's seeds pan out then Cstar can beat the winner of 8 9 in the quarters and default out and finish 6th and get a decent seed at Nationals. 174 isn't the deepest weight this year. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

NoSoup4U

Oct 14, 2021
What I think if Cstar wrestles;

He gets a bye at B1Gs which puts him in the quarters. Not an official B1G seeding but Roar's prediction has Andrew Sparks - Mn. 3-3 seeded 8th, and wouldn't you know Donnell Washington, Ind. 3-3 seeded 9th. If Roar's seeds pan out then Cstar can beat the winner of 8 9 in the quarters and default out and finish 6th and get a decent seed at Nationals. 174 isn't the deepest weight this year. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
Why would he need to place he just has to med forfeit? Wouldn't he just get an At Large for NCAA and would get a decent seed regardless

WV lion

Oct 17, 2021
Why would he need to place he just has to med forfeit? Wouldn't he just get an At Large for NCAA and would get a decent seed regardless
10% of seeding is conference place
10% is RPI ( which he wouldn't qualify for)
2 medical ff would hurt his win percent 10%

Tryingtodoitright

Oct 12, 2021
Edinboro has really fallen off
I live in NEOH and get to maybe one dual meet (PSU) per year but it’s a long day in the winter and I live in the snow belt so I end up making excuses not to go. I forget the year but it was right around the time that Edinboro placed very well at NCAA’s and Iowa came east to wrestle them that year or the next. A friend of ours played football for the Fighting Scots (tried out for the Steelers but only made the practice squad) so my wife bought into the idea that we should go and watch ‘the home team’ against the hated Hawkeyes. I cheer For PSU as much as I like cheering Against the Hawks and she knows this. We drive over, grab a bite to eat, get seats in the second row more or less behind the Iowa bench. I forget how many the field house seats but it was eventually SRO. I wanted to say something to Coach Brands like ‘thanks for coming east’, seriously, but his leer never met mine😬. AD Baumgartner was there, Coach Flynn, etc., the place was rocking.
I also don’t recall the final score but we had a really good time. How the mighty have fallen 😞. Glad the Lions wrestled them regardless of the outcome.

Reactions: SRATH