Penn State recruit/player attrition rates by region

CaliLion79

Oct 8, 2021

With the King Mack portal departure we were curious to figure out if Florida has had the worst miss-to-hit ratio with keeping recruits during the James Franklin era. Turns out, it doesn't, although it can be questioned whether the time and resources we've put into Florida kids recently has been worth it.

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021

With the King Mack portal departure we were curious to figure out if Florida has had the worst miss-to-hit ratio with keeping recruits during the James Franklin era. Turns out, it doesn't, although it can be questioned whether the time and resources we've put into Florida kids recently has been worth it.

Well done - I didn’t see it, but did you do an average star rating per player by region? My guess is the New England recruits are lower ranked overall than say Florida, so they have a higher likelihood of being replaced and moving on. Average star rating for all transfers would be interesting too.

Reactions: s1uggo72

BW Lion

Oct 14, 2021

I know who you are, but remain unsure if you’re intellectually lazy or purposely disingenuous.

To wit… K.J. Hamler starred as a Soph and Junior at Orchard Lake St Mary’s High MI before transferring to IMG Academy where he tore his ACL before ever playing a game, yet you conveniently categorize him as being a Floridian from Bradenton. 🤷🏼‍♂️

blion72

Oct 30, 2021

Some of these samples are too small to conclude much about, and there are many variables that could confuse conclusions. in general it would seem that players from further distances might be more inclined to transfer if all other factors are the same.

Reactions: CaliLion79

CaliLion79

Oct 8, 2021
Well done - I didn’t see it, but did you do an average star rating per player by region? My guess is the New England recruits are lower ranked overall than say Florida, so they have a higher likelihood of being replaced and moving on. Average star rating for all transfers would be interesting too.
We're doing a deeper dive, yes. Just wanted to get this surface-level look out because it's timely with the King Mack situation.

CaliLion79

Oct 8, 2021
Author expounded on his original story on a regional radio show over the weekend (see link). Interesting thing is Penn State still has 6 FLA guys on the roster, so it seems over the next 2-3 years we'll figure out if the time and effort to tap Seider's connections in FLA were worth it.