Penn State Spring Semester

blion72

Oct 30, 2021
looking at the registrar site reg deadline is Jan 7 with a 1 week late reg possible. This is a pretty small window left for transfers to get in for spring.

I was thinking it was late January. In any case, i guess we will know he spring transfers pretty soon.

LionsMD

Jan 29, 2022
An insider posted yesterday that Penn State is heating up in the transfer portal so I’m optimistic we may get some good news soon.

blion72

Oct 30, 2021
An insider posted yesterday that Penn State is heating up in the transfer portal so I’m optimistic we may get some good news soon.
this has to be one of the hardest parts of running a CFB program now, and the earlier your semester starts the harder it will get. I recall MSU starts late January, so they would have more of a window to work with. This seems like it requires quite an investment in staff and technology to support some type of player personnel function. The NFL teams have this covered, but their world is much simpler as players do not have free movement (they are employees under personnel contracts) and there is a draft so the inbound players are not a free market. I know it is hard to feel sorry for HC's given their comp, but that is not true for all the staffers who have to deal with this world.

TheBigUglies

Oct 26, 2021
I know for non-athletes transferring in to PSU in Spring semester is very challenging as they want you to go to commonwealth campus first. I also know that athletes transferring in get preference and special rules apply only to them which is necessary to accommodate the late transfers thru the portal.