Penn State wrestler Carter Starocci announces stay or go decision for 2024-2025 season

gpsu88

Sep 1, 2022
And he’s being well paid for it according to his IG story, which I’m fine with. Would have preferred he not say that as other things he posts

Reactions: Spice67

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Yes GIFs on GIPHY - Be Animated

Karl_Havok

Oct 6, 2021
He did but Carter talked about wanting to go up and any future FS wrestling would be at 86kg

Unless he plans to wrestle 79kg at the next world team trials. It's not an Olympic weight but he isn't on the current Olympic team. He has to wait four more years to compete for an Olympic spot so in the meantime he could choose to go 79kgs for the next World Championships and 79kg is 174lbs. This is what Jason Nolf did for a while in-between Olympic trials.

Psuproud

Nov 1, 2021
Unless he plans to wrestle 79kg at the next world team trials. It's not an Olympic weight but he isn't on the current Olympic team. He has to wait four more years to compete for an Olympic spot so in the meantime he could choose to go 79kgs for the next World Championships and 79kg is 174lbs. This is what Jason Nolf did for a while in-between Olympic trials.
Yes, but he has talked about going up and has talked about wrestle at 197

Karl_Havok

Oct 6, 2021
Yes, but he has talked about going up and has talked about wrestle at 197

Well it would make sense if he did. He isn't too short considering it's clear from pics he is taller than AB. He may need some months to get up to weight though. It would allow Facundo to be inserted into the lineup without a Haines redshirt. It will be interesting to see how they handle the MM, Haines and Facundo situation. Haines, who just won a title, couldn't get to Facundo's legs in freestyle. I don't know how a folkstyle match would go but he controlled Haines from neutral. You want all three of those guys in the lineup if you ask me but Carter is going to go whatever weight he wants.

WV lion

Oct 17, 2021
I would think he would be the favorite at 197, even if he his slightly undersized. Dean won it undersized, and the 2 big dogs at the weight graduated.

Reactions: hohmadw1978

1995PSUGrad

Oct 30, 2021
Well it would make sense if he did. He isn't too short considering it's clear from pics he is taller than AB. He may need some months to get up to weight though. It would allow Facundo to be inserted into the lineup without a Haines redshirt. It will be interesting to see how they handle the MM, Haines and Facundo situation. Haines, who just won a title, couldn't get to Facundo's legs in freestyle. I don't know how a folkstyle match would go but he controlled Haines from neutral. You want all three of those guys in the lineup if you ask me but Carter is going to go whatever weight he wants.
Every year I think that too many people on this board get too excited trying to predict the lineup way too far in advance. However, after Carter's announcement I keep thinking about what next year's line up is going to look like. Am I wrong to think that it could (should?) be better than last year's?

Now if we can just get an announcement from Kirkvliet!

Reactions: Spice67

Spice67

Sep 26, 2023
Our biggest piece by far is Kerk at HWT now. Get him we are Crushing all the records in Phila next season plus at big ten’s. Kerks the whole key here.

Reactions: ScottHHHH

Spice67

Sep 26, 2023
Every year I think that too many people on this board get too excited trying to predict the lineup way too far in advance. However, after Carter's announcement I keep thinking about what next year's line up is going to look like. Am I wrong to think that it could (should?) be better than last year's?

Now if we can just get an announcement from Kirkvliet!
Your last sentence is the Key. We have no HWT that’s needed to crush our records and make this the best team PSU ever had.

Latest posts