"Photobucket quietly introduced a $399 annual fee to users who want to embed images on third party websites"
I would keep my account/library open but unless they reverse course and admit colossal mistake - company is dead. Interestingly I moved onto imgur last year after a decade with Photobucket. I found their site a bit clunky and felt it was time to try something else. The recent upgrade requirement will kill whatever remains of the business
I haven't bothered to look yet but is there a quick and easy way to export thousands of pictures from their library?Yep, right out of the blue they changed business models. Supposedly, Photobucket felt they were getting ripped off by people using sites like ebay to post pics, to sell products, and not receiving any compensation. I had a premium account (which I paid $24.95 a year) which allowed me not to have to put up with all the ads. That's the only thing that saved me from this $399 fee (to host on 3rd party sites)...but that's only til March when my subscription runs out. I've got to get all my pics moved before then to another site, and have already opened an Imgur account in plans of it.
No one else is charging such a ridiculous price for storing photos...so I'm not sure how well it's going to work out for them. But if enough people stay with Photobucket, then I'm sure other sites will attempt to go the same route.
I don't think the market will bear it, but time will tell.
OFC
I haven't bothered to look yet but is there a quick and easy way to export thousands of pictures from their library?
Devils Illustrated Basketball
Basketball preview: Duke vs. Duke (Countdown to Craziness)
Rivals Basketball Recruiting
Recruiting Intel: Duke, BYU & others building momentum around 2027 five-star prospects
Rivals Basketball Recruiting
Australian point guard Luke Paul commits to Duke
On3 Football
College sports bill facing pressure in the House: 'We won’t pass language to blow up the ACC'
Devils Illustrated Football
My Take: Threefold silver linings for Duke, now obvious