piles of wrecked boats in Florida

Lion84

Oct 7, 2021
After every hurricane we see piles of damaged boats. It's always made me wonder why the owners wouldn't have the foresight to run north to safety days in advance- it's not like they didn't have warning enough.
What is even more crazy is the guy with the brand new McLaren that floated out of his garage - $1,000,000 down the drain for him or the insuracne company - wht not get in it and drive it the hell away - a lot easier than moving a boat.

bdgan

Oct 12, 2021
After every hurricane we see piles of damaged boats. It's always made me wonder why the owners wouldn't have the foresight to run north to safety days in advance- it's not like they didn't have warning enough.
Early in the week they predicted the storm was headed to the panhandle. They revised it to Tampa, then Sarasota, then Ft Myers the day it hit. Not easy to sail north.

Last edited:
Reactions: PSU87

laKavosiey-st lion

Oct 30, 2021
What is even more crazy is the guy with the brand new McLaren that floated out of his garage - $1,000,000 down the drain for him or the insuracne company - wht not get in it and drive it the hell away - a lot easier than moving a boat.
He picked the gt3rs, as I would have

Reactions: ODShowtime

Big_O

Oct 12, 2021
We had 2 cracked roof tiles, which cost $60 to fix. Paid the roofer guy cash. This is a little less than our hurricane deductible, lol.

The pool cage screens are a different story. The large one that was dislodged off the top we cut and temporarily installed it where the side panel was pushed out by a magnolia tree that had blown over onto it. Of course we trimmed all the magnolia branches on the side of the tree that were sticking into the pool cage. Our insurance covers the pool cage, but only the structure and not the panels. So we will have to pay to have the damaged or missing ones replaced out of pocket. Hopefully it can be done within the next 6 months.

Being in the northern eyewall with 120 mph winds, we were lucky to not get any worse damage. And I don’t own a boat so there was nothing to worry about there. I had friends who had boats and I learned that I never wanted to own one. Our RV didn’t have a scratch, either, as it was in a covered storage facility.

Gobert21

Oct 22, 2021
Agreed. I live in Delray Beach. The roof issue is the largest issue for everyone including the insurance companies. This whole I have a crack in my roof tile and "oh you need a whole new roof..." has to end. My insurance doubled this past year. My home insurance broker had some quotes come back with a $20,000 tag on them. It's crazy a $3-4,000 fix now easily goes to $70-80,000 for a whole new roof they don't need. Enough already Tallahassee is stepping in but not quick enough or with enough force.
Live in Bonita Springs and lost our insurance earlier in the year but found an insurer at twice the cost of before. This hurricane has Finally convinced the wife to get the hell out of Florida, except it's a year to late.

Tired of every year wondering if you'll have a home when you come back after summer. It's only going to get worse and eventually it will either be under water or blown off the map. Winter's are not that bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ODShowtime

Bwifan

Oct 12, 2021
Live in Bonita Springs and lost our insurance earlier in the year but found an insurer at twice the cost of before. This hurricane has Finally convinced the wife to get the hell out of Florida, except it's a year to late.

Tired of every year wondering if you'll have a home when you come back after summer. It's only going to get worse and eventually it will either be under water or blown off the map. Winter's are not that bad.

Wish you well in your travels.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gobert21 and FTLPSU

Woodpecker

Oct 7, 2021

Reactions: PSU87 and LionJim