Pin MSU at the 1 and they score, and then later a 4th and 15 TD?

bfpsu

Nov 6, 2021
Ok, maybe the 99 drive is kind of excusable, early in the game, a few missed tackles, MSU confusing the PSU D….but, but giving up a TD on 4th and 15? I honestly couldn’t believe MSU was going for it…and then to allow the obly thing you can’t let happen? a TD? I could see if was out of a trick play on special teams but come one….from 23-20 to 30-20, bye, bye ball game. Of course the offense has been horrific at times, but besides Wisky’s QB fumbling the game away, the D has come up small in a lot of big spots…throw back by Iowa, late TD drive by Michigan, getting gashed by Illinois a 24 point underdog that passed for only 40 yards, etc.
It’s very frustrating

dcf4psu

Oct 25, 2021
PSU has become the team that does just enough to lose. In fact they're really good at it and do it a variety of ways so you're never quite sure who'll pull out the loss from week to week. You just know it's going to happen. It's swell being a fan of this program right now.

bdgan

Oct 12, 2021
Ok, maybe the 99 drive is kind of excusable, early in the game, a few missed tackles, MSU confusing the PSU D….but, but giving up a TD on 4th and 15? I honestly couldn’t believe MSU was going for it…and then to allow the obly thing you can’t let happen? a TD? I could see if was out of a trick play on special teams but come one….from 23-20 to 30-20, bye, bye ball game. Of course the offense has been horrific at times, but besides Wisky’s QB fumbling the game away, the D has come up small in a lot of big spots…throw back by Iowa, late TD drive by Michigan, getting gashed by Illinois a 24 point underdog that passed for only 40 yards, etc.
It’s very frustrating
MSU shouldn't have confused the PSU defense by running between the tackles from their own 1 yd line.

84lion

Oct 7, 2021
PSU has become the team that does just enough to lose. In fact they're really good at it and do it a variety of ways so you're never quite sure who'll pull out the loss from week to week. You just know it's going to happen. It's swell being a fan of this program right now.
To be fair, Nebraska has been perfecting that act all season long. Small comfort, I know...but it could be worse.

MaconNitt

Oct 12, 2021
frustrating, disappointing, maddening............

Reactions: psuno1 and bbrown

bbrown

Nov 1, 2021
It’s very frustrating
Just another example of Pry coming up small in a big game.

JoeBot409

Oct 26, 2021
It’s very frustrating
Now that you mention it, it was quite pathetic 99 yards in the snow. 4th and 15 they get a TD. It is sad how far how the mighty have fallen since Joe was scapegoated and forced out.

Reactions: PSUAVLNC and psuno1

PSUJam

Oct 7, 2021
It was absolutely horrible today. Smith continued his clinic of not wrapping up.:mad:
I also think the "Saquon affect" is real. These kids came here thinking they're going to be the next Saquon but he was a generational back. Enough dancing around behind the line of scrimmage.

Reactions: psuno1 and bbrown

DandyDonII

Oct 30, 2021
I also think the "Saquon affect" is real. These kids came here thinking they're going to be the next Saquon but he was a generational back. Enough dancing around behind the line of scrimmage.

You can only blame the RBs so much for "dancing around" in the backfield since the OL is being pushed back into the RB, he has to dance or else just fall into the OL.

bbrown

Nov 1, 2021
You can only blame the RBs so much for "dancing around" in the backfield since the OL is being pushed back into the RB, he has to dance or else just fall into the OL.
Thats a valid point but when the hole is there they either miss it, fool around waiting for it to open or are just not fast enough to do it. Its perfect storm of bad.

PSUForever

Nov 6, 2021
Sadly this is a spot on accurate take. I'm afraid that we now don't really know how to win. No one can step up and make a play when it counts. The program has a losing culture. As a fan you just wait for the loss in these close games.

dcf4psu

Oct 25, 2021
Sadly this is a spot on accurate take. I'm afraid that we now don't really know how to win. No one can step up and make a play when it counts. The program has a losing culture. As a fan you just wait for the loss in these close games.
Even more agonizing is this was a 5 - 0 team up 17 - 3 at Iowa in the 2nd quarter looking to go 6 - 0. But then again it could have been at least 21 - 3 if I remember, but it wasn't and from there it all unraveled.

GregInPitt

Oct 13, 2021
Franklin is getting $75 MM over 10 years. He’s a bargain compared to tucker. mel is getting $95 MM over 10 years. Suddenly, Sandy is looking responsible.

o_O
Wouldn’t PSU fans pay the extra to actually win games? Tucker put his team together in a year and a half and beat Franklin who has been 8 years assembling this years team.

PSUAVLNC

Oct 28, 2021
Completely agree. The MSU D tackle lines up head on the center and just ran past him. Never touched!!!! PS football has fallen a long way. They truly suck at football. They are the worst fundamentally coached team I’ve ever seen. “Let’s all love each other and have a hug” is not college football.

Ram20

Oct 25, 2021
Completely agree. The MSU D tackle lines up head on the center and just ran past him. Never touched!!!! PS football has fallen a long way. They truly suck at football. They are the worst fundamentally coached team I’ve ever seen. “Let’s all love each other and have a hug” is not college football.
This is spot on. We just aren't going to be able to win at the level we want with linemen getting blown past. Every game as ridiculous missed blocks from our offensive line. I see a lack of desire and physicality. Our RBs feel it, certainly Sean has felt it into the training tent for 3 years. Nothing matters on this team if we can't get some push on the offensive line.

Reactions: Wlawnlion

Connorpozlee

Oct 29, 2021
Sometimes the dancing around is what makes the play a 2 yard loss instead of a 5 yard loss.

Reactions: ILLINOISLION

Latest posts